3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:09 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..

Fella's I'm a dodge fan all the way.... I think you guys know this....From time to time, i like to browse other manufacturers forums, to find out what kind of problems, if any, they are having...Just to compare my vehicle to other's..
I did a check of the Toyota Nation forum and came across this interesting video. I wonder if the powers that be, who do the decision makings at Dodge, look at these forums/TV commercials......Take a look, i think it will open a interesting dialogue on Trucks.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=94d_1185747274

Old 10-21-2007, 03:13 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Default RE: DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..

funny part is they never let ya see the front fender so we can see if it has a Hemi or not...and i'm guessing that it does not.....won't put much into this video untill i see a Hemi ram taking on a tundra.....and besides, i can see them doing a stunt like that just to make it seem like the dodge is so much weaker then the tundra....anyone know someone that has a tundra that is willing to post a legit video??? lol

Old 10-21-2007, 03:18 PM
cmoschip
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not even wondering if the dodge was a 4.7 or a 5.7 but it has an open diff against the Tundra's LSD (or possibly electrically locked) rear.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:32 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Not really sure, but I've tried calling both Toyota dealerships in Bellevue. One in Seattle, the other in Nebraska, to find out if the ram they were using was a Hemi or not....It appears that both of them are closed on sundays..
Time permitting, I'll try to give them a call later on in the week.

Old 10-21-2007, 03:37 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And you're going to believe what they tell you? I guarantee that even if the guy you speak to first has no clue what you're talking about, he'll make it up on the fly: "Oh, sure, that was a fully loaded Hemi." Meanwhile I'll bet the same source couldn't recall what color that truck was...

Old 10-21-2007, 03:44 PM
hemivec
Professional

i bet if you started spinning the wheels on the tundra a 4.7 ram will drag it the other way once your spinning less grip easyer the pull

Old 10-21-2007, 03:52 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Hey who knows....I'll ask anyway, my brother was telling me that another video was done with the Tundra VS Chevy, don't know which version though....It appears that alot of these manufacturers are coming up with commercials showing their trucks performing amazing feats....For example, during the Ravens vs Broncos game, Ford shows a commercial with one of their trucks stopping a plane. I don't think any of us will be using our trucks for something like that but, hey it's a commercial to show the strength of their brakes.
Now supposedly, these commericials (Toyota/Ford) are actual demonstrations and not trick photography.....
But one of the guys who owns a Toyota said something, which i believe is true....With Toyota coming into the fracas, they've raised the bar for the other manufacturers.......Do you agree?

Old 10-21-2007, 04:23 PM
ray97
Veteran

Yea I saw that commercial too. I don't put much into that stuff. I have seen the video's with the Tundra pulling everything around like it was nothing, chevy, ford, dodge. I think nissian has one too on youtube. I agree with everyone here that they are all made up with ideal conditions for the one they are selling for.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:11 PM
greg14_00
Professional

I love my dodge ram, but my buddy just bought a 2006 toyota tacoma crew cab and it beats a quad cab hemi, but his truck also almsot beat my Acura rsx type-s in a 1/4 mile race too, also my other buddy has a 5.2L (i think)(its the big GMC motor whatever that is) and it beats the Hemi also but thats just for a 1/4 mile race. But i would still stick with a dodge.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:15 PM
dieseldoc1
Professional

they broke traction on the dodge and then it's no contest.obviously a stunt. once the tires smoke ur done.

Quick Reply: DODGE RAM -VS- TUNDRA..