3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory Flash to remove MDS

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 06:16 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Factory Flash to remove MDS

ORIGINAL: Pirata

ORIGINAL: Iceman344

Why would i have envy over a little *****
Denial...

Since you're denying the ***** envy here's another question, why did you buy an MDS Dodge Ram if you disliked it so much? Why didn't you buy a used non MDS ram?

Hey P-man, take a couple of Percocets (I know they had to give you some for that knee, bitch....) lay on the damn couch, grab hold of that little ***** Iceman is envying in one hand, grab a beer in the other, and chill out, dude...

Iceman, I really don't blame you for not liking it. I don't have it, so I can't say what it would be like, I just know, I for one, want my 8 cyls. on all the time. I have a little 4 cyl. daily driver, when I want a 4 cyl. vehicle, I'll hop in that little POS and drive it, thank you very much. If it bothers you that much, call Marty at KRC Performance, that's who does the kit I posted before. No gimmicks, just the components that are in the 2500 5.7 Hemi that makes it a non-MDS engine. I know he does them quite often, as there are always 06's & newer trucks there getting aggressive cams, that I know are not an option on a MDS Hemi. Ask him how to go about the PCM flash, as the computer must be "told" it's no longer an MDS. It's not that much money for the kit, I just don't know how hard the install is...

Old 10-27-2007, 09:41 PM
Iceman344
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate ithammerz71....I will look into that bro. Not that I need to explain myself but I will anyway...dont get me wrong...I love my dodge truck...and I love the hemi, I just didnt understand the system. When I started shopping for a truck..I had read where the hemi had the mds system, but didnt think much about it....that was my fault. When Itest drove the truck thatI have now...the factory exhaust apparentlycovered up the system to whereI didn't think anymore about the mds.Just like my trucks in the past...I immediately went and put a new exhaust on it. The exhaust I have on it now is my second one...si/do magnaflow. Im fairly happy with the sound I have now...its just taken me 1500 miles to get used to the mds kicking in at odd times. I have since started using tow/haul in town more oftenand mds on the highway. Im getting used to it now and so you guys will not have to listen to me complain anymore about it.

Old 10-29-2007, 02:28 PM
Orvym

PIRATA, after reading your recent comments I know now that youhave absolutely no idea what you are talking about re: MDS; besides from your previous posts you probably have never heard it kick in because you can't hear besides being '***** addicted.'

Iceman344, I have the same concerns that you have over the irritation of MDS. I have gone from Stock-Flomaster (Duals)-Stock-Aero3030 Single out-back to Stock. Now I am back looking for an alternative again; I love the rumble the HEMI produces in both the Flomaster and Aero, except when MDS kicks in it becomes more of an irritation than anything else. I find myself driving down the road, constantly trying to get MDS to kick in even when it is not in use. It has become more of a game than anything else.Even people that ride in my truck that know nothing about MDS will often times ask what that noise is when it does kick in. I would likewise like to find a tune or something to be able to eliminate the MDS system altogether, besides MDS's whole purpose was to help with gas mileage but those of us that bought 5.7L HEMI's, are we really that concerned about the mileage savings the MDS system actually brings us? (obviously it matters but the point is if we were that concerned we would have bought soemthing a little more economical, etc.) I too was not that educated on MDS when I bought my Dodge, perhaps I should have been.

At any rate hopefully someone will find a clean and effective way to eliminate it altogether...

Old 10-29-2007, 03:17 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Damn P-Man, I know that you know I was just funkin' with ya' but these newbies are all in your ****! I know a man like you ain't gonna take that **** lyin' down, are ya'?

Orvym: Give Marty a call over at KRCPerformance, he's one of probably the top half dozen Hemi guru's anywhere. For what you are spending on exhausts you could have the kit and get rid of it the right way. The parts and the flash to make it a 100% non-MDS engine.

Old 10-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Orvym

Thanx HammerZ71.. Lucky for me all of these changes have cost me $0; the muffler shop that I went to had not heard of MDS until I arrived, so they were experimenting with me so to speak ...

Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 PM
sddunn2
Professional

I dont get it ?? I own a 07 1500 with the MDS and i drive on the highway everyday to go to work but I can not feel the shifting that you are talking about nor do I hear a difference in the motor ? WhenI step on it the truck takes off like a raped ape . With allthese benifits and thegas I save= money in my pocket
[sm=confused06.gif]

Old 10-29-2007, 06:13 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Like I said in an earlier post, most people love the MDS system. I personally would welcome the feature if I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee for family use, but I, personally, and this is just a matter of personal taste, would not care for it in my truck...

Old 10-29-2007, 06:44 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

shoulda got a 2500!! sorry i had to do it... solid axles are soo worth it!! thats one thing that hammer wished he had that i do!

Old 10-29-2007, 07:00 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

So, got your Long Tube Headers, Biotch!!!!!! Had to get you back...

Yea, I'd give them up for a solid axle. Sad thing is, when I bought mine, another dealer had a black 2500 Hemi for LESS than I paid for my 1500. But EVERYONE was beating me up on my trade because my cloth seats were stained red from the Georgia clay that I had it so in my head that I wanted leather, it become thebiggestpriority after 4x4 & Hemi...
It's a Georgia thing that I was unaware of, where almost everyone gets leather seats if their huntin'/fishin' vehicle is their daily driver as you can just wipe off the red clay mud with a wet towel.
ALL the die hard outdoorsmen where I lived had red stained seats if they had cloth, hell some with leather had them stained because they couldn't even bother to clean them.
Anyway TD, don't worry, my next truck will have an axle up front, that I can promise you...

Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

so will mine.... and a nice C on the side prolly about 10 years from now i gotta get through school and i will never sell the hemi i have now... than i think i might wanna get a sports car like a charger or challenger (new one with a 6.1) for a daily driver!! then i get the cummins!!! and i will have the three neccessary vehicles!! o yea and by that time the hemi will be on 40+ of rubber!!

Quick Reply: Factory Flash to remove MDS