3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory Flash to remove MDS

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:40 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Factory Flash to remove MDS

ORIGINAL: Orvym

PIRATA, after reading your recent comments I know now that youhave absolutely no idea what you are talking about re: MDS; besides from your previous posts you probably have never heard it kick in because you can't hear besides being '***** addicted.'
Hey there kid, you think what you want and I will know what I know. Maybe it's nap time for you. Better ask mommy for a hug too. As far as what you guys think I reallydon't give a rats *** what you guys think. I live my life how I see it andnothing you say will get my panties in a knot but I see from your comments what I have said you guys are getting your panties in a knot as a result. Too proud to handle the truth.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pirata this is not trying to be mean but from what I see you are almost always starting fights in the threads that you post in?? I mean why is that? I dunno mebbe u feel you need to act tough on the internet hell i dunno but this thread was going just fine until you had to jump on the dude. I think mebbe you need to remember these forums are for helping people not dissing them.

Iceman I do see where you are coming from I mean hell if you bought 8 cylinders you want it when you want it. but also I am not speaking from experience i've never driven a hemi only a 4.7 with a six speed and I liked it so I dunno how bad the lag is between the switch or the difference in sound. Although I've checked out vids on youtube about it and I could sorta mebbe hear it. I don't blame you for getting a new truck with mds though. I don't really like buying used done it before and the cars just never worked out in the long run. My jeep for example looked great and ran great but it was obvious as parts began to wear out all the time that yea it was beaten on. but hey if you want get the kit and then you don't have to worry about it.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:44 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Ok,
Most ofyou new guys don't know that most of us old guyshang out in the Off Topic section of the Dodge Forums, and that meansyou don't know that Pirata just had both his legs cut off and replace with genuine Moparperformance parts by Jr Mechanic. On top of all that he recovering from a bad case of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Now what this means is he is allowed to be a little testy right now, until he heals up a bit.
Any of you that think you could go through either of those and not be a little grumpy?

Ok I imbellished a lil but he is in a lot of pain right now. So cut him some slack.

However. if any of you want to step up and argue MDS. I'll be more than happy to go down that road with you. As a friend of mine says "I'll be your Huckelberry"

My stand on MDS: It's great and Ilove it. Oh yes there are MDS friendly cams out there.

Want a sound to describe it this is my take: When MDS kicks in it sounds like my Harley when I roll off the throttle, and thats a sweet sound to me.

P.S. My truck hauls *** and I have Mastered my MDS from playing with it. Slow speed/High speed it don't matter I can get it to go to MDS when I want it to.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:53 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: Pappy_FB

Ok,
Most ofyou new guys don't know that most of us old guyshang out in the Off Topic section of the Dodge Forums, and that meansyou don't know that Pirata just had both his legs cut off and replace with genuine Moparperformance parts by Jr Mechanic. On top of all that he recovering from a bad case of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease.

Now what this means is he is allowed to be a little testy right now, until he heals up a bit.
Any of you that think you could go through either of those and not be a little grumpy?

Ok I imbellished a lil but he is in a lot of pain right now. So cut him some slack.

However. if any of you want to step up and argue MDS. I'll be more than happy to go down that road with you. As a friend of mine says "I'll be your Huckelberry"

My stand on MDS: It's great and Ilove it. Oh yes there are MDS friendly cams out there.

Want a sound to describe it this is my take: When MDS kicks in it sounds like my Harley when I roll off the throttle, and thats a sweet sound to me.

P.S. My truck hauls *** and I have Mastered my MDS from playing with it. Slow speed/High speed it don't matter I can get it to go to MDS when I want it to.

Oh, put your damn mukluks on and go get a pizza...

Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Wierd thing MN ishaving some sort of freakishly warm weather here it's like not even cold.

The question is will Noel let me come home?[:@]

Old 10-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Ben D.
Champion

so it sounds like a Harley. That'd be pretty kick *** if that's what it sounds like. I'd be all for it at that. Like I said don't have a hemi never drove one only drove a 4.7 so I really don't have an opinion other than to each his own. If you don't like it there's a way to get rid of it but if you like it keep it.

Old 10-30-2007, 01:56 AM
ThaChad
Professional

ORIGINAL: Iceman344

...I got the hemi with one thing in mind..and that was performance and the ability to mod a great engine. InsteadI have this half breed engine that cant decide onpitbull orpoodle mode. ...

What will really yank your chain, is that all the other 5.7Land comparable engines on the market all have more power than the 5.7L Hemi AND they all get better MPG!!!

HEMI = Joke. Unfortunitly.. Crystler is blowing smoke with the HEMI selling nothing more than a moderate V8, withless than moderategas mileage. The HEMI doesn't sell because its a great engine, it sells just because of the name.In it's day it WAS a great engine, today its old technology.

Although there are alot of performance parts for the HEMI, In today's world where computers run cars, there really is no modifying engines anymore. You can, But its unaffordable, and out of reach for most people.

-TheChad

Old 10-30-2007, 03:44 AM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys have gotten way off subject here.

The more MPG's the better. Personal opinion, I like the MDS system, and it will stay in place on my truck. Anything to save a couple of $$ at the pump is a good thing in my book. Yep, you paid for a V8, and guess what, the V8 is there when you need it, but you don't need it every second you drive your truck. You're not always pulling a load, and you're not always accelerating. I haven't seen any real reason to deactivate it, so it doesn't sound great with an aftermarket exhaust?? Maybe I'll understand this after Wednesday when I put mine on, but if it comes down to it, I'd put the factory exhaust back on before taking the MDS off. Eventually and exhaust company will figure out a way to make it sound good (as flowmaster techs have told me they are working on a solution as we type... ) They know about the problem, it's only a matter of time before they figure out how to work around it. The factory figured out how to, the AFTERmarket will too...

Oh yeah, BTW, the Tundra that my company recently purchased only averages around 12.5 MPG even though the window sticker advertieses 17...

Old 10-30-2007, 06:49 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I saw a story on TV, might have been 60 Minutes, about a year or so ago where the EPA was investigating Toyota because not one vehicle in their lineup was found to be getting anywhere near their own estimated MPG's. Some vehicles in the lineup were getting only 60% of the mileage Toyota claimed. The guy they interviewed from the govt. said that Toyota was the highest fined manufacturer for mileage claims and that the current investigation was going to result in record fines for an auto maker. After that story, though, I never saw or heard anything about it.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:09 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

toyota is not only worse on the gas mileage than they talk about but many recent studies have proven them to be lacking much quality.... and "thachad" what motors are you refferring to?

Quick Reply: Factory Flash to remove MDS