3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

BUMPER/BRUSHGUARD AND SAGGING FRONT END.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 12:55 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BUMPER/BRUSHGUARD AND SAGGING FRONT END.

Fella's in the near future, I am thinking about installing one of those "Road Armor" Bumper/Brushguard. I was told by the company that it weighs approx. 125 Lbs.....So now to my question.

Will my front end sag? Should i look into modifying the front end in any way, to compensate for the additioanal weight?

Old 10-27-2007, 01:09 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BUMPER/BRUSHGUARD AND SAGGING FRONT END.

i dont think that would be enough weight to make the front end sag... and if it sags a little you could crank those torsion bars a bit...

Old 10-27-2007, 01:23 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Why in the hell would you want to put a Road Armor on a 1/2 ton truck, with a 4.7 no less?
Are you seriously even considering it or is this like the dozen or so other mods you've asked for opinions on lately?

Dude, I just searched the last two weeks alone, you have inquired about no less than 13 different mods. Have you done any? How 'bout picking one and actually doing it.

Not trying to be ugly, but you've inquired about cams, e-fans, wheels, tires, headers, exhaust, t-stats, tuners, tool boxes, lift kits, leveling kits, etc., etc., damn!

Old 10-27-2007, 01:48 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

Why in the hell would you want to put a Road Armor on a 1/2 ton truck, with a 4.7 no less?
Are you seriously even considering it or is this like the dozen or so other mods you've asked for opinions on lately?

Dude, I just searched the last two weeks alone, you have inquired about no less than 13 different mods. Have you done any? How 'bout picking one and actually doing it.

Not trying to be ugly, but you've inquired about cams, e-fans, wheels, tires, headers, exhaust, t-stats, tuners, tool boxes, lift kits, leveling kits, etc., etc., damn!
Dude you are funny......ROTFLMAO.......That was a good laugh...Dude i needed that.........Hammer thanks...

I'm making a list dude. and before i go ahead and do any modification, i have to first, find out if it's worth it.
For example, when i first heard about the 180 degree thermostat, i thought it was a good idea...So i sought out additional information on the subject.....Well, when i contacted others with the know about the subject. They replied that it wasn't a good idea....If you check the post you can read what they said word for word...So that was scratched off....
The shocks i got already- I went with the Monroe Reflex instead of the Rancho's.
Exhaust, well i did that already.
The tool box i have already, but i was trying to find ways of making it more secure.
I wanted additional info on the Headers,and Cams, because i wasn't familliar with either subject.

Hammer you're alright with me dude.......LOL

Old 10-27-2007, 01:52 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Hey Hammer, what's wrong with the Road Armor Bumper, on a 1500 4.7LTR? Do you know something i should know...

Old 10-27-2007, 01:57 PM
hemivec
Professional

if it is 125lbs i think you could just stand on the bumper and have someone see if it sags

Old 10-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

That's the right answer buddy.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:07 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

Dude you are funny......ROTFLMAO.......That was a good laugh...Dude i needed that.........Hammer thanks...

I'm making a list dude. and before i go ahead and do any modification, i have to first, find out if it's worth it.
For example, when i first heard about the 180 degree thermostat, i thought it was a good idea...So i sought out additional information on the subject.....Well, when i contacted others with the know about the subject. They replied that it wasn't a good idea....If you check the post you can read what they said word for word...So that was scratched off....
The shocks i got already- I went with the Monroe Reflex instead of the Rancho's.
Exhaust, well i did that already.
The tool box i have already, but i was trying to find ways of making it more secure.
I wanted additional info on the Headers,and Cams, because i wasn't familliar with either subject.

Hammer you're alright with me dude.......LOL

Yea, it's hard to convey things in print, I really wasn't trying to be ugly at all, just bustin' on you a little.
I hope you got a FAT wallet with all the mods you've been inquiring about...

Old 10-28-2007, 01:11 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Actually no....I don't......But i figured i could put it on my list, then get to it when the time comes...
That Grill guard you have on your truck. How heavy is it? what guage steel is it made of? Did you get it from Summit Racing?

Old 10-28-2007, 01:26 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i believe he has the warn trans4mer....

Quick Reply: BUMPER/BRUSHGUARD AND SAGGING FRONT END.