3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

superchips is pissen me off!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:05 AM
JayH2112
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: superchips is pissen me off!!

So......what happened with you SC, TD? Mine is supposed to be shipped out soon, they also gave me the same "inventory" crap. How long does it take to do inventory and recover from it? I mean come on guys.....

Old 11-13-2007, 11:17 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All this blah blah blah about customer service...

Guess what: YOU AREN'T THEIR CUSTOMER!!!

Your friend was their customer. You're the guy ripping them off by wanting a fully functioning tuner for $100 by lying to them claiming you didn't know it was VIN locked. Sorry, but karma has a way of catching up with you.

You really need to learn about doing the right thing, not what's just the easiest and cheapest. When SC gets tired of being cheated like this they'll just change their policy and quit offering the service altogether: no receipt, no unlock.

I'm ready for the flames and claims I'm being "harsh" or "mean" but show me anything I stated that wasn't the truth.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:22 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: John M

All this blah blah blah about customer service...

Guess what: YOU AREN'T THEIR CUSTOMER!!!

Your friend was their customer. You're the guy ripping them off by wanting a fully functioning tuner for $100 by lying to them claiming you didn't know it was VIN locked. Sorry, but karma has a way of catching up with you.

You really need to learn about doing the right thing, not what's just the easiest and cheapest. When SC gets tired of being cheated like this they'll just change their policy and quit offering the service altogether: no receipt, no unlock.

I'm ready for the flames and claims I'm being "harsh" or "mean" but show me anything I stated that wasn't the truth.
actually i completely explained to superchips i got a tuner off my friend but the tune is still on the truck he traded in.. they said we can reset it for 100 dollars... so guess what i am using their service paying them money hence being a customer.... i am not robbing a company i am giving them a hundred bucks for a few clicks on the computer they are doing quite allright as far as business goes.. if they offer a service they should treat easch CUSTOMER like their only customer... something i learned about business.......

and jay i got it back... it took them about 4 weeks but i eventually got it back and i do love it!

Old 11-13-2007, 11:35 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You agree to doa job for someone, they are YOUR customer. It shouldn't matter that you are making $10 off of them or $1000! They are the customer and should be treated as you would treat any other customer. If SC did not want their business, and felt as though they were being lied to or ripped off, it would have been easy to say NO. However, once they gave the man a price for a service, it's their responsibilty to perform that service in a professional, timely manner.

No flame, you are entitled to your opinion, as am I.This just happens to be mine...

Old 11-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

To start with I like the performance the flashpaq gives...with that said.....

SC pissed me off the day I tried their online flashpaq update. Since then I have gotten my flashpaq to update successfully 3 times, but had numerous failed attempts each time.

Their canned response is it’s you and / or your computer. Humm.

The advice they give is nothing less than idiotic. Like turn off your firewall and anti-virus while updating. I told them to have their IT department “Turn off their firewall and anti-virus†and see what kind of response the IT department gives. I personally think it is a problem within their code and involves the USB handlers, just me I reckon.

I don’t even go to the site anymore AND I won’t be buying any other product they offer.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Foiled
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Pappy_FB

To start with I like the performance the flashpaq gives...with that said.....

SC pissed me off the day I tried their online flashpaq update. Since then I have gotten my flashpaq to update successfully 3 times, but had numerous failed attempts each time.

Their canned response is it’s you and / or your computer. Humm.

The advice they give is nothing less than idiotic. Like turn off your firewall and anti-virus while updating. I told them to have their IT department “Turn off their firewall and anti-virus†and see what kind of response the IT department gives. I personally think it is a problem within their code and involves the USB handlers, just me I reckon.

I don’t even go to the site anymore AND I won’t be buying any other product they offer.

Ditto, 1000000000000000%

They gave me the entire cut and paste responses, and I can't handle anymore. They got way too big and lost that personal touch. That = bad business. In the long run it will put them out of business.

Old 11-13-2007, 03:23 PM
JayH2112
Veteran

JohnM, Well, actually all of isn't really true. It's like the guys said, if I am paying someone to do something then I am their customer. If you ask me gettting a $100 off couple minutes of work is a pretty good deal, I would do it all day long. They are smart to do it. I told them straight out, I bought this off ebay and it was locked, can you unlock it? Their response, "sure we can unlock it for a hundred bucks".

Also, if you tell your customer something is going to happen in a certain amount of time and it doesn't, then that IS poor customer service. If you are expecting a delay then be honest and tell your customer there will be a delay.

I own my own business and I like to be treated how I treat my customers. Is that too much to ask?

Old 11-13-2007, 03:56 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not defending their actions at all. I agree 100% - once they agreed to do it, they need to do it in the timeframe they said they would adhere to.

And now I can clarify my position a little more. I mistook tdmopar59's situation for one in a similar thread he'd posted in before.

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59
ok and how is superchips going to decipher who got screwed on ebay, who got screwed locally, and who is bs'ing.... this company offers a service... i used it... they have not been very good with their customer service in my experiance...
So, it wasn't a total ripoff in this instance but there's no doubt that the "get what you can, whenever you can" sentiment I referred to still exists.

I own a computer store. Once I missed a standoff during a motherboard swap and it grounded out the new unit, blowing it immediately. Did I box it back up and return it marked DOA? No way. I ate the cost and installed a new one. Doing the right thing also means doing it even when you won't "get caught."

Quick Reply: superchips is pissen me off!!