3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Do they still make an AWD Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:52 PM
bonecrusher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Do they still make an AWD Ram?

ORIGINAL: Hemiriden

ORIGINAL: cardude

ORIGINAL: John M

That's what I was looking for! Why do they not clarify it as AWD and not "Shift on demand". Now I know what to look for in a new truck. I've got a 2008 brochure and our local dealer has found a couple of trucks matching the packages I want. Now I've got to refine that to only trucks with "shift on demand" and we'll be set.
okay stand back for a minut there, AWD is NOT the same as "Shift on demand", shift on demand only means that you can shift betwen 2wd and 4wd in speed, marking the fact that the 4wd is a centerdifferential locked situation (there is no center differential) the 4wd in the shift on demand system is ONLY for low traction situatuins, snow, gravel, mud ect. the only true awd dodge ram is the powerwagon, as far as i remember it also has lockers front and rear and center making it a TRUE 4wd vehical as recal it.
Again Wrong... the Shift-on-the-fly is so you can SHIFT AT SPEED....AKA ON THE FLY..... on demand is the AWD version of the ram... My father has a 2006 Shift on demand it has 2 positions... AWD and 4WD... THAT IS IT... there is NO 2wd option.... unless they made that specific for that ONE vehicle (which i highly doubt since he had nothing special ordered)....

Edit: Here is a conversation we had from the dodge talk forum: http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109998
I have a 2007 1500 SLT QC Hemi with the 545RFE Tranny and I have Shift on Demand 4WD. I have a 2WD selection. Mine is not a AWD.

[IMG]local://upfiles/72427/A4A3556134CB433F8A88E0FDC76C82AA.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Do they still make an AWD Ram?