3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hacking my Ram?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:58 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hacking my Ram?

Your just talking about keyless entry right? Well why dont you just go out and buy an alarm? Most car alarms have keyless entry and most installation places can do it for about the same as the dealer and most will do a better job for cheaper plus you would get a decent alarm out of it too. The keyless entry, unless I am wrong, is not programed into your computer and is actually a seperate deviceso there shouldn't be any reason why you would need to take it to them to have it activated. I had the keyless entry on my truck when I bought it and when I had a better alarm put in all they removed was a little black box which had all the programing in it for the alarm.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 AM
ScottJ175
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: truckin151
Well why dont you just go out and buy an alarm?
Because I hate those annoying noisemakers eveyone ignores anyway.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:53 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, well have you checked out a local car electronics store? I had one of my old trucks fitted with remote door locks for around $80 installed from a place near me. Your local place should be able to do the same without adding an annoyingalarm. Regardless its the same concept though and you'll find it alot cheaper than the dealership.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:46 PM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to bring up an old thread, but has anyone tried to create an emulator to run the Superchips or Hypertech program from a laptop? You can connect them to your computer via USB. I am sure someone with some creativity could pull the data from the programmer and create an emulator. Just a thought....companies might not like it...

Quick Reply: Hacking my Ram?