3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Upgrade Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 01:32 AM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Upgrade Intake?

true Flow for shizzle lol.

Old 11-21-2007, 07:02 AM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ja9to

Ill take some pics and post them tomarrow and you can be the judge. I was amazed at bulky the stock box is and how cleaner it looked removed. And as for the spacer..... Riddle me this batman...... if it is pointless and the air is turbulant then why is the " tornado " a proved mpg increaser? it is very similar to a grooved spacer! it just has guide vanes for air specified air direction.
The tornado is not "proven" to do anything except relieve folks of a ridiculous amount of money. If the tornaodo worked anything like they want you to believe, every car would have one. It's only a couple of bucks worth ofstainless steel. The manufacturer's would spend that much in a heartbeat if it worked and helped CAFE at all. The spacers have no effect either for performance/mileage. I discovered a tornado in my truck's intake soon after I bought it. Took it out pronto. Anyone wants it, I'll sell it for only twenty times what it's worth, plus shipping.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain

AEM Brute Force and/or K&N makes a good intake too..

Old 11-21-2007, 02:06 PM
HemiMaster06

Autoanything.com has some good prices on CAI's....plus free shipping. I just bought a K&N for $240. The have Vortex and AirRaid as well.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:16 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Throttle body spacer does nothing on a Hemi but make a weird noise. The Tornado is a joke.
Get a true CAI for maximum gains, I don't think any of the major brands are much better or worse than another. The True Flow filter itself has some good test reports, but I'd opt for their true CAI version of it rather than the one that uses the stock air box (sorry TD).Also, I don'tcare what anybody's test reports say to the contrary, flowingmore air means more dirt particles will get into you system. So make sure you do your oil & filter changes regularly (that's where the dirt will eventually end up) and plan on a good throttle body cleaning once a year or so and you will continue to see an increase in both performance and fuel economy with a good CAI.

Old 11-21-2007, 03:19 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

hammer no offense takin but i also got mine shipped to my house for 80 bucks! works great for what it is..... still might do some playing around with it.....

Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

hammer no offense takin but i also got mine shipped to my house for 80 bucks! works great for what it is..... still might do some playing around with it.....
Oh, yea, don't get me wrong, you are much better than stock, but if I was gonna spend the money I'd opt for the whole CAI. I've seen some pretty impressive test results on the dry True Flow filter. As good, if not better than the better gauze type oiled filters. If I had it to do over again, I'm not so sure I wouldn't opt for their new XDi system...

Old 11-22-2007, 11:45 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Ill take some pics and post them tomarrow and you can be the judge. I was amazed at bulky the stock box is and how cleaner it looked removed. And as for the spacer..... Riddle me this batman...... if it is pointless and the air is turbulant then why is the " tornado " a proved mpg increaser? it is very similar to a grooved spacer! it just has guide vanes for air specified air direction.
Like the other guys said, the tornado is a joke and another gimmick to make money off of people that don't know any better. Anything you put in the intake tract will block air flow and decrease performance/mpg. The tornado is only "proven" by the people that sell it...that should tell you something. Use common sense and don't buy into their BS, like the other guy said if the tornado is so great it would be in the vehicle from factory...especially with the gas prices now-a-days.

Old 11-22-2007, 01:35 PM
MoparRob
Veteran

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

Like the other guys said, the tornado is a joke and another gimmick to make money off of people that don't know any better. Anything you put in the intake tract will block air flow and decrease performance/mpg. The tornado is only "proven" by the people that sell it...that should tell you something. Use common sense and don't buy into their BS, like the other guy said if the tornado is so great it would be in the vehicle from factory...especially with the gas prices now-a-days.
Just to play devils advocate... We all KNOW that CAI help in performance, and fuel economy. So why arent the manufacturers putting a few bucks into that??? I am not trying to say that the tornado or TBs will do anything.... But that sort of rationalization is not always correct.

Old 11-22-2007, 07:03 PM
KTMracer216

ORIGINAL: MoparRob

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

Just to play devils advocate... We all KNOW that CAI help in performance, and fuel economy. So why arent the manufacturers putting a few bucks into that??? I am not trying to say that the tornado or TBs will do anything.... But that sort of rationalization is not always correct.
Maintenance. Reliability. As you know,it takes a little more care to keep it clean. The majority of people are really, really dumb and with something like that sucking more air... they would do just like they normally would... never touch it, never clean it, and it would suck dirt sooner and break things. Then people would cry and complain and talk bad about a brand, and wonder why thier truck/car/SUV blew up at 50K. Thats what I think.

Quick Reply: Upgrade Intake?