3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Attention Anyone NEW or wants to do a first mod!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 03:54 AM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nickahern1
first of all welcome to DF, youll love it here
what kind of a look are you going for? what kind of things do you like in a truck? there are alot of great sites to find lots of mods and parts. let us know what your looking for and we can point you in the right direction.

Thanks, always happy to jump in to new things blind and see the world come unfolded and revealed before me... Life is never any fun if you dont have any adventures!!

Well I dont want to do a real HEAVY mod to my truck, I think I will probably end up having to mod the exaust, add some stuff to it that may not be on there when I get it, Im looking at a 2006 Ram 1500 QC, 5.7L 4X4 so its going to be used, and there is bound to be options that I will want/need on it that will not be on there... I will probably end up posting a new thread on the project in way more detail when I have it sorted and some graphic layouts done.

I'm wanting power obviously, but not too much, Towing obviously since I will be pulling a flat bed trailer with as much as a compact car (mine if I need to take it somewhere) on it or the rubicon (doubtful but possible on that one) and a 1 - 4 horse 'slim' trailer . I will need 4 wheel drive, cause it will be off road, and able to climb up and into whatever the boys get themselves stuck in to save them. But I have kids to, so room is a good thing and 4 doors, and the step running boards. I have had them in a quad cab F-150 that was rented from a former job I held, and it worked great, that was when they were smaller and car seats... Ironically the first time we took a trip and they saw where Mom really grew up...

At first I was actually looking into buying a F-150 since I have a strong link and inside contact with the Ford Company but I have seen, been in and have fallen in love with the 1500's, so my mind was changed. The 4x4 is lifted higher (obviously) so it will make clearing 'bumpy roads and small cars easier' I really cant drive something that is big and low to the ground or small and high up... I dont know why but its always been a pain for me to, I have never been comfortable with it.

Some Cosmetics I want to have done to it are as follows:
  • I want the bed lined, I will be hauling with this obviously ranging from hay and misc riding gear (saddles, extra reins and ropes, horse blankets and care items and the like to furnature & maybe the b/f's ATV since I would be the one with the bed to haul it with)... I have heard both rhino and line-x are ok, and I know what line-x is, but not too sure how it is applied or exactly how durable it is, and rhino... well I am CLUELESS as to what that is... but I know that I dont want a plastic drop in liner if I can avoid it, they crack and chip and all that if you get rough with them on a regular basis
  • I want a custom pinstripe. I plan on actually modding all my vehicles I am going to end up with (3 total when all is said and done) but I want the Ram to have her name on it, so that would mean a custom pinstriping artist that is either REALLY good with hand or a computer replicated graphic I make, I do not want it airbrushed on, as I have seen that if they are not done right they look really bad... and that I dont want to chance. I have an idea in my head and this is a thing I will probably end up photoshopping a few different ideas and putting them up in said new thread for opinions about... Im handy with photo editing and photography so its a plus going into this.
  • I know I am going to want a grill guard, I know that I will want it black dull finish, I think that is called powdercoated by some companys, I want it to extend and cover over the headlights, and I want it to be frame mounted. I have heard that is sturdier and you dont have to drill more holes into the truck.
  • Bull rings... my b/f and majority of my buddies LOVE to go muddin' and Im getting back into being in the middle of all that with them now that they are back from Iraq... so I want something that if they get their Rubicons stuck (which they have so many times before and cant pull eachother out on occasion) I can pull their happy butts out so they can resume the fun!
  • -Possibly looking into bedside rails for tie down points unless there is something that you can put more than 6 tie loops in the bed of a pick up like under the lip of the top edging of the bed, the most I have seen in a truck is 4, I have also looked into toeannu (sp?) or netting covers for the beds of the pickups but then again run into the same issues as with the guards.... a bunch of holes in view... bleh...
That is just only a few things that I am looking into right now cosmetically... but you know that my truck is def going to be sporting on the back window
"Silly boys... Dodge Ram 1500's are for real Cowgirls!!" decal
- no offense to anyone else in here that reads that, its a joke running with the boys in ref to a few friends I grew up with mainly...

For now... Im outta here!!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by lxman1
TD, fix that sig. Your photobucket picture is gone
Greggie (TD) won't be fixin' nuthin'. This is a resurrection of an old thread and it's been months since he's logged on. I guess once he had to sell his truck he lost interest. He's prolly giving then hell on the Kia forums though...

Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

go industries makes a real nice grill guard with winch. kinf od looks like a police ram bar but with brush guards in front of the headlights. also its comes in the best looking finish ever liek you wnated. black powedercoat. im glad to hear you dont want chrome all over the place (i perosnally think chrome looks cheasy)

Old 01-12-2009, 10:16 AM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

also its comes in the best looking finish ever liek you wnated. black powedercoat. im glad to hear you dont want chrome all over the place (i perosnally think chrome looks cheasy)
Im going to sound so girly when I say this but... Im sorry I hate chrome. I have enough mirroring surfaces to look at myself in, and the truck has mirrors if I need to fix my hat (or makeup if im at a shoot) so I dont need anything else...*laughs*

Last edited by RodeoRamCowgirl; 01-12-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:21 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

haha, i hate chrome too dont worry.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:31 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl
[color=black][i]

... but you know that my truck is def going to be sporting on the back window
"Silly boys... Dodge Ram 1500's are for real Cowgirls!!" decal
- no offense to anyone else in here that reads that, its a joke running with the boys in ref to a few friends I grew up with mainly...

For now... Im outta here!!
I was always impressed by this one:

Attached Thumbnails  Attention Anyone NEW or wants to do a first mod!!!!!-294663.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009, 12:46 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

wow, i can't read your long post at all, makes my eyes hurt.

not a fan of chrome either. but hammer loves that ****, dontcha? damn truck has to be the most blingin off road machine i've ever seen.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:53 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
wow, i can't read your long post at all, makes my eyes hurt.

not a fan of chrome either. but hammer loves that ****, dontcha? damn truck has to be the most blingin off road machine i've ever seen.
Awe shut up will you? You keep this sh*t up and I'll let everyone know the pic I just posted above was of YOUR rear window, bee-otch...

Old 01-12-2009, 02:00 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Talking

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
wow, i can't read your long post at all, makes my eyes hurt...
Sorry, once I get detailed enough I'll grab the HEX val for my fav shade of grren, then it wont hurt eyes so much... I love to be colorful tho... black plain is no fun, unless its a pair of black leather chaps or riding pants HAHA

I like that saying tho too... but I love the look Ive gotten a few times when I been out driving on the highway in my lil car, least when my hair was shorter... I would end up on the highway pacin with some pickup they'd get into a pacing match with me... I think that the last one was a lil 99 Dakota... and my car base comes in a standard 2.2 ltr, 148HP but I opted out to get the OD on mine so it boosted the HP to 160Hp or something round that, so you put the pedal to the floor, it will jerk the RPMs and take off, we were going about 75ish (in a 65) and he was trying to challange me, I'd give him a lil, and he'd try to show up... I did this a few times, ya know, his buddy was laughing in the pass seat... I just punched it and I was GONE I think I topped her out at 103 and stayed at about 85-90 after that, they didnt try to catch up!!

I pulled off the highway at the island rest stop to get some thing to eat, they pulled in about I wanna say like 5-10 mins later to get something to eat as I was leaving, the dude that was driving - his jaw dropped when he saw it was a girl - his buddy gave him a good shove and told him a girl handed his *** to him on the highway!! LMAO that was hilarious. Im anxious to see what comes when I have my truck in this...

Old 01-12-2009, 02:17 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned

go industries makes a real nice grill guard with winch. kinf od looks like a police ram bar but with brush guards in front of the headlights...
I'm LOVING this site... haha...

Both these..Grill Guards I like:

http://www.dealsofsteel.com/product_...roducts_id=529
http://www.dealsofsteel.com/product_...oducts_id=3647

were either one of these what you were talking about? Cause where I live, they dont have Police Rams. I have seen maybe 1 or 2 tundras, but they dont have the grille guards on them that Ive seen... it was like 18 months ago so I maybe im just not remembering well enough

Quick Reply: Attention Anyone NEW or wants to do a first mod!!!!!