3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Attention Anyone NEW or wants to do a first mod!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 04:24 PM
TANKZ400
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Attention Anyone NEW or wants to do a first mod!!!!!

http://www.dollysmixtures.com/fuzzyd...FRGCGgodv3EWuQ

Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

great now i went and ordered these..... o well!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...;Category=6755

Old 11-30-2007, 04:30 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

NOW THEY ARE COOL!!!! Will match my rebel flag leather skullcap...

BTW: Congrats man, you made a Sticky!!!

I made a sticky once, had to go change my fruit of the looms, but that's for another thread...

Old 12-01-2007, 12:38 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

i have a couple of stickies...

Old 12-01-2007, 11:39 PM
VaderPainter
Rookie

Perhaps a little more information as to why we did the mods is in order. I know I researched my mods a lot before I spent my hard earned cash on anything. I did a lot in here by asking questions and I also talked to guys at Dodge and technician friends of mine. Did lots of reading and comparing independant studies to come up with the best match for my vehicle and personal needs. Here is what I found workied best for my 2005 5.9L 4X4 PowerWagon...

K&N Drop in Filter and an AirRaid tube for my intake leaving the stock air box intact.

fromthe cat back with a Borla Pro XS Muffler with 3" inlet and dual 2.5" outlets ran out the back of the truck

I am getting a SuperChips 3815 Programmer this week

Tires I always use BF Goodrich TA's although my truck came with new MasterCrafts on it. First change I will upgrade to these...

I use Mobil1 Sythetic 5W30 with a Purolator Pure filter.

My diffs and tranfer casefluid is also Synthetic

Old 11-19-2008, 05:01 PM
jembrey73
Thumbs up Thank you

As a newbie here, this was a huge help. I've spent several days on the interwebs researching mods. It was nice to have a one stop place to see the majority opinion on the best brands. I wish I found this 2 days ago!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 07:42 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Post Nice polls & Breakdown

Ok so I have some ideas, newbie here btw... but here is the killer question... this is my first truck, now I know ideas of what I want to do visually, but know nothing about what half the stuff is...

I am a country girl, Ive driven them, I have been around them, but Ive left the boys to fix them, and they leave me to bring them food & hand them tools LOL - Pathetic I know, but everyone starts somehere

I told the boys that I was getting me a 1500 RAM QC w/ 5.7 HEMI, and if they touch it they die cause shes gonna be MINE. So I need help on detailing my ideas and love to hear feedback. I got her selected and picked out, shes stiill being processed then I have to wait on the funds to mod her and get her geared up for what Im gonna need her to do... my friend sent me here, said y'all would be a good place to start. I got a month or two as of right now... so plenty of time.

Ok, so I saw these polls and tires were one, so that takes care of that, but I still got a bunch more to go, cause my plan is this. I want my ideas lined up and finalized, so when the money comes I write the checks, hand the address where to send everything and what Im not doing myself, they will know when they will be there, and when my truck will be so all they have to do is put it in the bay/garage and have at it!! I will be traveling out of state to get her so Im def not wanting to spend forever in one place. I been hunting for about 7 months now, and about 2 weeks ago found the dealership and the people I wanna deal with.

So point me in the best direction, I thought about starting a new discussion since I didnt see nothing like but I wasnt too sure... Ive only dealt with mods to small cars so this is a new trail on me to go with.

I'm live fresh bait!! GO!!!

Thanks!!

Old 01-10-2009, 10:19 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RodeoRamCowgirl

So point me in the best direction, I thought about starting a new discussion since I didnt see nothing like but I wasnt too sure... Ive only dealt with mods to small cars so this is a new trail on me to go with.

I'm live fresh bait!! GO!!!

Thanks!!
Sweetheart, you could not have picked a better place to come to. You'll have a plethora of guys here that would LOVE to help you spend your hard earned money moddin' that thing to the hilt...

Old 01-10-2009, 10:29 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

first of all welcome to DF, youll love it here.
what kind of a look are you going for? what kind of things do you like in a truck? there are alot of great sites to find lots of mods and parts. let us know what your looking for and we can point you in the right direction.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:22 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

TD, fix that sig. Your photobucket picture is gone

Quick Reply: Attention Anyone NEW or wants to do a first mod!!!!!