3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 Ram Hemi Exhaust Overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 04 Ram Hemi Exhaust Overhaul

The truck is an '04 Quad Hemi...

Well, I was talking about inexspensive components...I am willing to spend some money, but a grand for a set of headers is out of the question...that is all I was saying. I love my truck and do not want tobe stingy, but want to get the DF's expirienced opinion on upgrades.

Also, no one ever said what effect the full dual exhaust would have, so any info on that would be helpful.

As for doing it myself, I could definately put the headers on, but I suck at welding. And I really do not want to put the whole system together with clamps.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:05 PM
bwhite757
All Star

ORIGINAL: ****yhern

i have the same setup bwhite but with a 40 series muff. ive had it on my 06 for a year and half now. only thing that sucks is my tips are really starting to look ****ty. i woudl wash and polish them all the time, but in winter its hard with the salt, going tp have 2 new tips put on after winter.
Yeah, that is the bad thing about them, I can wash my car one day, get them all nice and shiny again, and the next day road grime has already built back up on them. I've got to get some mudflaps, just haven't gotten around to it yet, having the same problem with my nerf bars as well, can't keep the fronts of them clean...

Old 12-11-2007, 03:47 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker

since this is about exhaust is there a company that drops the exhaust right behind the axle but under the bed. Like right next to the spare tire or is that just a custom setup that a shop will do. Also, when i go to smog it will the people freak out becuase they can't see the exhaust pipe.

Quick Reply: 04 Ram Hemi Exhaust Overhaul