3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Why do the first oil changes always go horrible????

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 07:58 PM
Seanutz
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why do the first oil changes always go horrible????

EAT YOUR WHEATIES!!! Thats the only advice to give a guy who buys new....that and prepare for the resale price drop....hehe....but I used K&N before i switched to Mobil ONE, they work fairlly well, and as far as changing the filter goes, its best to do it everytime just to be on the safe side of things....but apparently you should get a Wix because from what I hear and what alot of the guys on here say its the best out there, or one of the best...

Old 12-17-2007, 11:17 AM
slapshot12
Professional

Yes, I change the filter every oil change. I think I will change the Ram every 4k miles or so. I am in between the two different maintenance schedules in the owners manual.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
sschevy400
Professional

Ok thanks guys. I know Bosh makes good tools, i just wasnt sure about filters. Kinda like Kawasaki..i see they make power tools now...Theres a risk huh.

Next time i'll get the K&N just because of the nut on the bottom, just seems easier to me

My dad has an 03 2500, and the oil filter is up at the front of the motor and it even has an oil catch lip under it so the oil is directed away from the axle. Kinda smart....

Quick Reply: Why do the first oil changes always go horrible????