3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Unquestionable Best Oil Filter.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: Unquestionable Best Oil Filter.

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

Hammer, Hammer, Hammer....Dude you so funny [8D]........But that info you posted has been read a thousand times....I was looking for new info..credible info...info with substance..........................
What the hell are you looking for man? You got two different places to go now and read to your hearts content. What kind of "substance"? In the first link, you got guys that actually tore them all apart to see how they were made. WTF? Do we need to get NASA involved in an oil filter test somehow? Do we need a gevernment sponsored, top secret test done?[8D]
You keep looking for the real deal on oil filters, me, I'll just keep using the same old Mobil 1 & Wix filters I've been using for years. I got better things to do with my time than find the "Holy Grail" of oil filters...

Old 12-18-2007, 10:13 PM
hogdad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually your reply supports my post. Your aftermaket intake and exhaust canclearly show a measurable gain. How could you gauge an oil filters "performance"? An exhaust failure stock or aftermarket, will not be fatal. An improperly designed oil filter can easily be. Can't hurt to put back what came off it when new.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:18 PM
MoparRob
Veteran

ORIGINAL: hogdad

Actually your reply supports my post. Your aftermaket intake and exhaust canclearly show a measurable gain. How could you gauge an oil filters "performance"? An exhaust failure stock or aftermarket, will not be fatal. An improperly designed oil filter can easily be. Can't hurt to put back what came off it when new.
True a bad oil filter can be "fatal". But car companies dont always do stuff for the good of the customer or product, infact most of the time its for the good of the pocket book.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think everybody should run a Mopar filter on a Mopar. LOL Of course Its because thats what I sell. But I do only run a Motorcraft on the 'Stang. And on the wifes Chevy Caprice LT1,it has an AC Delco. I just like factory oil filters. Not saying that factory parts are always the best. But on something this simple, how can you go wrong with whats put on it from the factory. But I do believe that 2 sponges and duct tape are better than a Fram.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:40 PM
sddunn2
Professional

holy grail !!! wow I new there was one !! Im going in search of it tonight or maybe tomorow .... no that wont work. next week i might be able to fit it in .hell I am just going to call indiana jones maybe he can help

Old 12-18-2007, 10:58 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

Hammer, Hammer, Hammer....Dude you so funny [8D]........But that info you posted has been read a thousand times....I was looking for new info..credible info...info with substance..........................
What the hell are you looking for man? You got two different places to go now and read to your hearts content. What kind of "substance"? In the first link, you got guys that actually tore them all apart to see how they were made. WTF? Do we need to get NASA involved in an oil filter test somehow? Do we need a gevernment sponsored, top secret test done?[8D]
You keep looking for the real deal on oil filters, me, I'll just keep using the same old Mobil 1 & Wix filters I've been using for years. I got better things to do with my time than find the "Holy Grail" of oil filters...
LOL, You know Hammer, and i really mean this when i say it.......you are one funny dude,,,, I can only imagine what you're like with a couple of Jacks in you.......LOL....
NASA test on oil filters...that's a good one..LOL

Old 12-19-2007, 12:04 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Are you trying to compensate for something by writing in bigger letters then everyone else?

But yea...i use a Mobil 1 filter or K&N...any Wix is good too

Old 12-19-2007, 12:15 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

hammer... you are an a hole no one likes you and you smell.... ok so the last one ruined it.. however you are a certified smar@$$ and im proud of you for that

anywho.... go with purolater, wix, mobil 1/amsoil cant go wrong... as far as testing try this site... www.google.com

Old 12-19-2007, 07:47 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Since Cummins owns Fleetguard
and I have in person heard the vice president in charge of Fleetguard
say their only reason for existing is to provide the best filters
for Cummins engines.....
my gut feeling is that a Fleetguard filter will be close to the very best.

I also have a gut feeling the Mobil One filters are way above average.

These SHO volunteers put together relatively good info years ago:

http://www.shoclub.com/lubrication-o...n-oilpart5.htm

These guys in Fort Worth Tx:

http://www.le-inc.com/

probably know who makes the best two or three oil filters

I also suspect Lubrizol
also knows who makes the best oil filters.
Lubrizol makes the ATF+4 for Chrysler and a similar ATF for GM
and works closely with them on lubrication issues.

Old 12-19-2007, 08:07 AM
tafet
Professional

I like the K&N personally. Itwell constructed, filters down to 10 microns, has a high burst pressure, and the best part is it has a wrench nut on it for quick changes

Quick Reply: Unquestionable Best Oil Filter.