3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

*** UPDATE ***Tail light assembly stolen...Merry Christmas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007 | 10:18 PM
02QCGirl
Default RE: Tail light assembly stolen...Merry Christmas!!!

Hey ya'll...thanks for all the replies. There is an 02 Ram down the street from me, but I would never know if he took them or not. Once I get her back on the road, Im going to engrave my initials in it to where if Im able to walk by a Ram in the area, I will know. I just call the cops at that point.

But yes, I can afford to fix my truck if it breaks or stuff like this happens. It just so happened that it was right before Christmas, so yeah. All extra money gone. No worries though, I have friends in the industry so I dont have to pay full price for a mechanic or parts.....so thats a plus for me....wooohoooooo

And yes, on the profiling comment...there are some of those in the area. I wouldnt put it past them. Some work hard and make their living while others take advantage of people.

My dad came over yesterday to check it out and we went back to his truck, an 05 Toyota Tundra, and he pointed to his tailgate and said....'lookie...locked, unlocked...hee hee' I just glared at him. Mine will be locked soon enough. I just need to find a chrome tailgate handle that locks.

Old 12-30-2007 | 10:39 PM
smokinjoe
Rookie

i had one of these for my old s-10, wired it to the drivers door sothat i had to unlock the drivers door at least for the tailgate to be unlocked

http://www.4vehicleaccessories.com/P...pnlockelec.jpg

Old 12-31-2007 | 02:06 AM
dieseldoc1
Professional

pop lock power tailgate lock---locks tailgatewhen u lock ur doors. nuff said

Old 12-31-2007 | 09:58 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 02QCGirl

Thanks NY. I told all my guy friends and a couple of them want to sit in my front bushes with their new warm hunting gear on and just wait for him to try it again....We wouldnt hear a thing because one of them got a really nice expensive bow for Christmas!! LOL.

I will be back on the road soon, Im just gettin ancy....I WANT MY TRUCK!!!!
My apologies ma'am. I didn't look at your title.....Didn't know you were a ma'am.......

Good idea on the engraving, and the locking of the tailgate though.....Don't mean to pry, but what part of the country do you reside?

And is this something that's common in that area?

Old 01-01-2008 | 03:27 PM
02QCGirl

Happy New Year everyone!!!

NY...No worries on mistakin me for a guy, but the 02QCgirl part should have given it away...hee hee....no harm...its not everyday that a female owns a big truck...:: hugs :: I live in Richmond, VA and yes as I was talking to my neighbor last night, he did mention that the apartments closeby are government sub'd and mainly low income, slums live in there, so my thief was most likely from one of those complexes. But Im not going over there to look for it..lol. I will just get my engraving on and I set an appointment with ORI (Off Road Innovations) here in town to have a Pop & Lock installed on the 19th. The wiring comes in this week and after shes all back together, shes going to be sitting in a crime free neighborhood until her appointment on the 19th for the Pop & Lock.

dieseldoc1 & smokinjoe....yeah I was looking at the pop and lock or another locking tailgate thingy, but I decided to go with the Pop & Lock. I cant wait.

I started her up this morning just to let her run....and hear her and I noticed now shes running rich....really rich....so I need to check on that also....it never ends but I couldnt be happier, Im getting my truck back on the road.....

Old 01-01-2008 | 04:34 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ccdmader

A couple of weeks ago I saw a guy up the street from me with what seems the same problem, both tail lights missing with cut wires hanging out of the holes. Seems theres a market for them?

Seems to me if you could afford the truck you could afford to replace the lights.

I caught a couple kids steeling stuff from the back of my truck about 8 years ago, chased them in my truck for about an hour, they were on bikes and me in my turck. Good thing I had a lift, mudders and a locker in it because they just about S^&* their pants when they thought they got away by going down the train tracks, well I chased them all over the tracks until they ditched their bikes and my tool box and went on foot into the woods. Now by then I am almost Pissing my pants laughing. Picked up my tool box and ran over their bikes a half dozen times.

Seen them walking by my house about 6 months later and gave chase again on foot yelling where the hell are your bikes now. What a great time.

Chris
Now that is funny!!!!!![sm=lol.gif]

Old 01-01-2008 | 04:38 PM
02QCGirl

lmao yes i forgot to comment on that one!!! that is hilarious!!!!

we had an ice cream truck in front of the house over the summer, playing that annoying music and these brats on bikes kept circling the truck and banging on it, time after time, well the driver had had enough...he had a door on the side they were banging on and evidently the kids didnt expect the man to do anything, but they came by one more time and he jumped out of his truck and tackled both of them, knocking them off of their bikes....they got up and ran like the scared little wimpy craps they were....they didnt come get their bikes until a couple of hours later.....i wish i would have had a camera!!!!

Old 01-01-2008 | 04:45 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 02QCGirl

Happy New Year everyone!!!

NY...No worries on mistakin me for a guy, but the 02QCgirl part should have given it away...hee hee....no harm...its not everyday that a female owns a big truck...:: hugs :: I live in Richmond, VA and yes as I was talking to my neighbor last night, he did mention that the apartments closeby are government sub'd and mainly low income, slums live in there, so my thief was most likely from one of those complexes. But Im not going over there to look for it..lol. I will just get my engraving on and I set an appointment with ORI (Off Road Innovations) here in town to have a Pop & Lock installed on the 19th. The wiring comes in this week and after shes all back together, shes going to be sitting in a crime free neighborhood until her appointment on the 19th for the Pop & Lock.

dieseldoc1 & smokinjoe....yeah I was looking at the pop and lock or another locking tailgate thingy, but I decided to go with the Pop & Lock. I cant wait.

I started her up this morning just to let her run....and hear her and I noticed now shes running rich....really rich....so I need to check on that also....it never ends but I couldnt be happier, Im getting my truck back on the road.....

When you get the Pop and Lock installed, post some pics......or that other locking tailgate thingy..LOL :-) real cute,,, the thingy thing...
just like a girl, to come up with something like that......
I better stop, before they think i'm getting soft on here......

Old 01-01-2008 | 10:32 PM
02QCGirl

NY....thanks for the laugh....dont worry, I dont think anyone thinks you are getting soft....But yes, I will post some pics, before and after once I get the thingy thing on there! That isnt until the 19th, but I will remember to do it because Im worried about how its going to look. They said its the chrome one, so Im hoping it will fit ok in my chrome tailgate handle....we shall see.

Next...is the locking chrome gas cap cover!!!

A song is coming to mind.....Trace Adkins.....Chrome. If you havent heard it....you have to listen to it....hee hee

Oh and a side note....I had emailed the local news channel about warning viewers about the theft that is going around and today I got an email from a reporter asking me if I wanted to help them do a story on vehicle parts theft this week. Of course I said yes, but Im not going on camera and neither is my truck. I dont need anymore retaliation. Two counties over they are having terrible catalytic converter thefts..but mainly on Toyota trucks. Will these twerps stop at nothing? Although I do have something to stop the next fool that tries to take something from my truck....H&K P2000SK...hee hee.

Old 01-01-2008 | 10:46 PM
spud11
Veteran

AW HELL SHE'S ARMED!! If she can use it we're all dead! lol. I prefer my lovely .357 Mag. Beautiful thing.

Quick Reply: *** UPDATE ***Tail light assembly stolen...Merry Christmas!!!