3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

*** UPDATE ***Tail light assembly stolen...Merry Christmas!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007 | 05:34 PM
02QCGirl
Default *** UPDATE ***Tail light assembly stolen...Merry Christmas!!!

Ok. My Viper system stinks. December 23rd between 10:30 & 11:30 pm, someone lowered my tailgate and took my tail light assembly!!! Right in front of my house!!! I have all of the replacement parts except the wiring and I am getting that this week. Thank goodness for friends that work at Chrysler. I just wanted to warn all of my fellow truck owners on here.....if your truck tailgate doesnt already lock....make sure it does!!! I dont want anyone else to be inconvenienced like I have been. I havent driven her for a week and Im having massive withdrawals!!!

Does anyone know of an alarm system that has a perimeter alarm for when someone gets too close to the vehicle? I really need it and want it now!! I will sell anything and everything I have to get this kind of alarm system. Its too bad I cant hook it up so that it shocks the heck out of whoever touches my truck.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and has an even better New Year!!!

Old 12-30-2007 | 06:24 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Default RE: Tail light assembly stolen...Merry Christmas!!!

Sorry to hear about that.....Man that sucks......it's too bad you didn"t walk out on him, and take a bat to both of his knee caps..

Old 12-30-2007 | 06:28 PM
livetokite
Veteran

that sucks man!

i would really love to go to my truck finding someone breaking into it or hurting it, i would take a bat to they're damn head.

Old 12-30-2007 | 06:29 PM
02QCGirl

Thanks NY. I told all my guy friends and a couple of them want to sit in my front bushes with their new warm hunting gear on and just wait for him to try it again....We wouldnt hear a thing because one of them got a really nice expensive bow for Christmas!! LOL.

I will be back on the road soon, Im just gettin ancy....I WANT MY TRUCK!!!!

Old 12-30-2007 | 07:14 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

It wont happen again, unless he needs them both. Just look around on here and see if there is anyone in your area that had a broken tail light

Old 12-30-2007 | 07:16 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

Man, that is low-life! I put a lock on my tailgate to keep some a$$ wipe from stealing it. Guess it's protecting more than the tailgate. What's worse is the money you wasted on the alarm.

Old 12-30-2007 | 07:28 PM
spud11
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Jr. Mechanic

It wont happen again, unless he needs them both. Just look around on here and see if there is anyone in your area that had a broken tail light
She's in Va., my bets on a druged out migrant laborer. Yes I'm profiling!!! If there wasn't a reason for it, it wouldn't exist, just watch Cops and you'll see my point.

Old 12-30-2007 | 07:36 PM
luis_defreitas
Rookie

i will love to find somebody stilling my tailgate...

i will go out with my bat and vaseline!!!!![8D]

Old 12-30-2007 | 09:15 PM
ccdmader

A couple of weeks ago I saw a guy up the street from me with what seems the same problem, both tail lights missing with cut wires hanging out of the holes. Seems theres a market for them?

Seems to me if you could afford the truck you could afford to replace the lights.

I caught a couple kids steeling stuff from the back of my truck about 8 years ago, chased them in my truck for about an hour, they were on bikes and me in my turck. Good thing I had a lift, mudders and a locker in it because they just about S^&* their pants when they thought they got away by going down the train tracks, well I chased them all over the tracks until they ditched their bikes and my tool box and went on foot into the woods. Now by then I am almost Pissing my pants laughing. Picked up my tool box and ran over their bikes a half dozen times.

Seen them walking by my house about 6 months later and gave chase again on foot yelling where the hell are your bikes now. What a great time.

Chris

Old 12-30-2007 | 09:54 PM
luis_defreitas
Rookie

couple year ago back in my country we caught this guy stealing stereos in our parking lot, we hitted him so hard that he started calling police for help[8D]Was the funiest thing i ever seem!

Quick Reply: *** UPDATE ***Tail light assembly stolen...Merry Christmas!!!