3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ebay special anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 12:55 PM
DaHipaKea1313
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ebay special anyone??

I did a Ebay intake back when I got back from OIF 3 and I noticed the difference right away in sound and mileage. I did end up making some aluminum brakets to support it on the right side of the engine. I sometimes wish I had gone with the style that snakes down the fenderhere is a few things I did find out afterwards. Not to rip off AiRam, but I'm building a scoop for the front right and a heat shield too. I took out the plastic insert in the lower part of the bumper to put a cold air deflecter there too. I have some expanded metal mesh to fill in the gap afterwards there were a couple hitches but nothing a creative guy/gal couldn't do to fix it. I did hate the sensor hole was on the wrong side of the tube so my wires were a little on the stretched side. I may redrill to the other side and fill in the old hole. I still having problems uploading pictures to show it off. It does have a K&N cone style airfilter

I think mine was from chrom intakes It was off of Ebay, I just looked it over before I mounted it and made it work with no problems so far. If you look at the latest ebay intake posting on the forum you can see and read what I did to mount it up. There is this stretch rubber tape that you can get from Lowe's or Home Depot in the electrical section that I wrapped around the outside of the throttle body because the coupler is a few mm to big so when you go to tighten the hose clamp its loose. Also I made a support piece out of aluminum stock to hold it up in the middle on the center connector. I think you can get what I did by checking out the picturs I posted too. Hope this help, I definetly hear, see and feal the difference.

Stay Cool, H-

Old 01-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Mattcmdr
Professional

yea i like waht ur are sayign about the ram air affect. i was thinking about buying some plastic tubing/ducting and possibly taking out my right fog light to get that ram air affect.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:54 PM
pcollins
Veteran

I would never take out my foglights... they look too damn cool

Old 01-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Mattcmdr
Professional

yea iwouldnt do that either it was just a thought of how to get more hp

Old 01-01-2008, 05:19 PM
WhiteRam
Professional

"yea i like what ur are saying about the ram air affect. i was thinking about buying some plastic tubing/ducting and possibly taking out my right fog light to get that ram air affect."

was thinking the same thing, I don't have fogs so it'd be easier, but thought a 90 degree PVC right after the opening, a straight shot up from that, could point it right at the air box?? Or would the air box need to come off?

Old 01-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Mattcmdr
Professional

yea sounds like it would work.... i think from what i hear is that the stock air box is resricktive(how ever u spell that haha) soa larger straight to the throttle body woudl be smootherand less restricktive

Old 01-01-2008, 09:37 PM
moparmutt
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had planned to buy a expensive cai, but money has been getting hard to come by.lol
So I have been looking at Ebay. I found this one with a K&N filter.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...23868&rd=1
Looks to me like it should be just as good as the 77 series K&N and save me some money. What do you think?

Old 01-01-2008, 10:39 PM
spud11
Veteran

Thats what mine looks like, I just shortened the pipe that goes down the fender, Brought it up closer to the gap between the rad and headlight. I plan on making a duct w/ a floor boot from an HVAC system.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Mattcmdr
Professional

i understand that the filter from k&n is then the ebay one but i doubt the pipping would be that much different

Quick Reply: Ebay special anyone??