3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

EXHAUST IS TOO LOUD INSIDE THE TRUCK WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 01:44 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EXHAUST IS TOO LOUD INSIDE THE TRUCK WHAT SHOULD I DO???

....i seem to recall seeing a sticker the other day on the back of a truck that said "If it's too loud...your too old" lol....doesn't really help but i thought it was a good one....but exhaust drone in the cab is the worst noise in the world and i'm all for makin trucks loud....might try rerouting your exhaust as well and make sure the tailpipe is outside of the bottom of the body (if that makes sense to anyone lol)

Old 01-06-2008, 03:50 AM
bwhite757
All Star
Default RE: EXHAUST IS TOO LOUD INSIDE THE TRUCK WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Well.. hmmm... I heard a magnaflow on a Tundra the other day, and I must say it did sound good, didn't make me want to change my Flowmaster 50 HD though. If you want something quieter, I would go with the 50 series SUV version, it's made to help keep drone out of the cab, at least that's what Flowmasters says, and there have been other people on here that have comfirmed it. You can check out my vids, but the interior clip will probably comfirm that you don't want the 50 series HD...

I love GOOD sounding loud trucks. There was no way I could buy a Hemi, and have it sound like a grocery getter... I'm still considerate to people outside the cab. I have to work late on a lot of nights, and I make sure I drive through the neighborhood at a crawl to keep everyone happy, but during the day, that's a different story...

Old 12-03-2008, 08:59 PM
cgb864
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have any of you installed Dynamat to relieve the exhaust noise in the cab?

Old 12-03-2008, 09:43 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Andrew S
Perhaps you should consider how annoying it is to people outside of the cab too...
thats the last thing i think about. I could care less how annoying my loud exhaust is to others as long as i like it, i am happy. if the guy next to me at a stop light doesnt like it oh well. not my problem. i like to individualize my vehicles. i geuss i should have done a poll with a hundred motorist in my area to see if they liked the look of my leveling kit and if they liked the tires i chose. maybe i should have asked them if it were ok if i installed the hellas behind the grill too, the point of modding your vehicle is to customize to your desire not to others around you. for the 3 seconds the people around me are next to me they can deal with my loud exhaust. You ANDREW sound like some kind of stuffed up activist that ruins everything for everyone. just my 2 cents
by the way i do not like looking at your screen name andrew s, the space is too long between the w and the s you should change it because others reading this post, like myself, might not like it either.

Last edited by nickahern1; 12-03-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
justanothermoparman
Veteran

I have 3" magnaflow and just dumped it over the axle. It sounds good and I don't really notice much drone. I love mine.

Old 12-03-2008, 11:56 PM
disturbedgator
Captain

i have a flowmaster super 44 dumped right before the rear axle. im not sure why but i dont have much cabin drone. i was looking for something really deep and not raspy and i got exactly what i wanted. its not loud at idle, but it is deep, when i crank it up in the morning to let it warm up and it shakes some decorative crap my wife put on the walls inside my house. it sounds great up to around 4500 rpm and than it actually gets quiet. Not sure why. its different and not annoying, just loud enough that people will here you coming. i make teh wifey drive it to the store just so i can sit outside listening to it go off and than come back

Old 12-04-2008, 12:05 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

Has no one looked at the previous dates on the other posts? They are rather old. But since you got off, I'll ask this question. I notice on my Dodge (I can get some pics of this) that it has some insulation (what I presume to be dynomat) on the exterior underneath of the cab, right about where the front seats are. None where the back seats are. Is that dynomat, or did Dodge just put something there, which isn't dynomat. Don't know much about the trucks as a whole, so just thought I'd ask since this thread has some talk about that already.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by disturbedgator
i make teh wifey drive it to the store just so i can sit outside listening to it go off and than come back
I thought I was the only one who did things like that

Old 12-04-2008, 09:37 AM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker

I love the way my truck sounds, my friends tell me they can hear me from half a mile away and I don't think that is negative at all. When I wake up early to go to work I have a road that goes around my neighborhood so I don't need to go straight through it, but when I'm on the turnpike or a regular road and it isn't so early in the morning I like to hear my engine with the 40 series its loud and deep

Old 12-04-2008, 10:08 AM
RubberFrog
Champion

I like to fart in my truck. Now there is a rumbling drone a man can learn to appreciate!

Quick Reply: EXHAUST IS TOO LOUD INSIDE THE TRUCK WHAT SHOULD I DO???