3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Ram owner here..I have a few ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008 | 01:49 PM
08Hemi
Default RE: New Ram owner here..I have a few ?s

I have heard some bad things about bullydog. I have decided on superchips.

Intake- I was going to get the vararam but I talked myself into getting a ramhammer for 3/4 of the cost.

I Bought the Magnaflow cat-back DOR. Nice sound, not obnoxious.

Old 01-09-2008 | 10:00 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

ORIGINAL: Importkillaz

Btw, what gear differential am I likely to have in a 03 reg Cab Hemi? I hear it could either be 3.55 or 3.92..
Should be on a sticker on the glovebox door. If not, it's on the diff, unless someone was playing and made some changes. You can figure it out by observing the rpm, speed, and by knowing the diameter of the tire. There are some calculators on the i-net. I figured out the gearing on a old Dodge wagon, but then the headache lasted for several hours.

Old 01-09-2008 | 10:33 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

ORIGINAL: virginiaram

i would not recommend the pacesetters at all. when i was shopping for headers, i found that there were a lot of complaints about the pacesetters. lots of flange mating issues and weld issues. i couldnt believe that any of it could be true because of how long the company had been around............so i bought a set. i was lucky enough to have both issues. the flanges didnt mate up with the bolt holes correctly, and some of the welds were incomplete. luckly my best friend is an awesome welder and he fixed them up for me. then i just hollowed out the holes to fit the bolts in and get it bolted to the block.
I'm surprised, I've installed my own and two other sets of Pacesetters for friends, actually before I did mine. I did not see any problems with the welds on any of the three sets. There is, of course, the well documented issue of the one bolt hole needing to be dremmeled out a bit, but I don't consider that a big deal. You'd think they would have gotten wind of it and fixed it long before now. The factory ceramic coating is cheazy, but I've not seen any brand that they didn't try to hold costs down in that area. That's why I got mine without and had a local coating shop do it. Much better coating, really keeps the heat way down.

Quick Reply: New Ram owner here..I have a few ?s