3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 hemi 1500 fell on its face??????????

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008 | 11:03 PM
jjohnson
Default RE: 04 hemi 1500 fell on its face??????????

does anyone know whether or not this would b covered by the powertrain warranty? Like I said, I got all over my truck today and could not get this to happen again. Its kind of bothersome. I'm deffinately worried that it might happen at the wrong time and also concerned that the dealer will tell me zip. Ive had terrible luck with finding honest people in my town to diagnose a problem on anything that isnt a chevy 350. Like I mentioned before i took my truck too the local dodge dealer before about the door seals in my truck rubbing really bad and i get it back and the new ones seem to let in alot of road noise i dont know if this is common or if this something that just happens with dodges. seeing as i have been a chevy man all my life and have had good luck. this truck was just to damn pretty to pass up wish i had the knowledge to put pictures on here. anyway the more you fine folks respond the more im learning THANKS, JEFF

Old 01-10-2008 | 12:34 AM
6 hemi ram
Professional

my tahoe did the same thing when i had it. it was intermittant. sometimes happened alot other times ran fine. took it to dealership, c hanged fuel filter, fixed. felt like such a schmuck. never had any other probs. just my opinion.

Old 01-10-2008 | 01:18 AM
gmanagtjr

When the throttle is electronic per say, its called "Fly by Wire". Pushing on the throttle may in turn supply a resistance, analog voltage....some kind of input to the EEC, the eec would then decide based on other conditions how much fuel to deliver. In saying that there could be a problem with the signal from the gas pedal to the Engine control module. Thats the price we pay, when we move from physical mechanical linkages. Some companies are already introducing Fly by Wire steering. Now, doesnt that make you feel comfortable. Hope this helps a bit.

Quick Reply: 04 hemi 1500 fell on its face??????????