3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Best Mod Ive Done

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008 | 12:33 AM
Redram05baby
Default Best Mod Ive Done

Lets Just Say I Like My Buns Warm.
And For Under 110 Bucks I Really Like This Mod.

I Ordered AHeated Seat KitFor My Truck. I Also Have Cloth Seats, Yet It Works Great. The Only Possible Reason I Would Sell My Truck Would Be To Buy A Vehicle With Heated Seats. Like Most Guys I Buy What I Want So Xmas For My Family - I Suck To Shop For. Soooo...

I Had A Family Member OrderAPeak Deluxe Carbon Fiber Heated Seats..

After My Research AndA VERY Annoying "Clicking" Website (Click The Link And You'll See What I Mean) I Found The Product I Wanted.
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/pedecafiunhe.html

It All Comes Pre Wired and No Need To Talk To The Support, When You Check Out You Specify What Vehicle You Have And They Supposedly Make The Adaption (With Dodge Ram They Are Not Needed). You Wouldn't Believe How Easy It Is For A Dodge Ram W/ Cloth.

All It Is..

- 2, 9" Pads With Adhesive (Adhesive is kinda Crapy but It Works)
- Harness With Module
- Fuse With Ign/Power and Ground
- and the Rocker Switch.

The Manual Is Kinda Bogus but If You Have A Clue.. You Wont Need It.

I Honestly Installed It In Three Beers, or About an Hour and A Half. The Harness Is Thick And Is A Little Harder To Hide But It Is All Pre Wired With Un-confusable Connectors.

My Scare Which Was NO Big Deal At All Was Removing The Cloth From The Foam. They Recommend You Remove The Seat, But With My Split Bench, Wasn't Going To Happen. The Bottom Simply Has 5 or 6 Points Where It Clips To The Metal With Plastic and Is VERY Easy To Remove. Just Peal It Back From Front To Back, Un Doing The Velcrowish Setup.Install The Pad, obviously running The Wires To The Back "Crack" of The Seat.

Now, the Back Is A Little Bit Harder, as It Is More Secure. With The Seat Tilted All The Way Forward Undo The "s" Channel on The Bottom Most Point, The Plastic rolls Away From Each Other. Once That Is Undone - Roll Up The Cloth Exposing The Foam, This Also uses The Velcro. My TIP Is Not To Undo All The Velcro On The Back.. This Will Allow The Alignment When Put Back To Be Right On and Look untouched. Place The Pad With The Adhesive, Wires ALSO Face The Crack of The Seat.

Once Is All Rolled Back Down Make Sure The Wires Are Hidden AND They Wont Get Caught In The Pivot of The Seat Back or Slide. That Is Really It For The Seat Install Which Was My Concern. Now All Thats Left Is Finding The Switch Location. NOW LISTEN HERE - The Part That Left me VERY Mad At The Company Is That The Switch Requires A 3/4" Hole NOT a 5/8" Hole as They Specify. The Only Hard Wiring Is To Find A Good Ignition Power Source (10A Required) And A Good Negative Connection.

I Used A Little Cheat Which The Company Offered WhichWas Quite Nice...

Simply A Fuse For Whatever Source You Steal From, Yet Does Not Effect The Performance Of The Fuse (The Kit Has Its OWN 10A Fuse In harness).

Clean Up your Wires, Connect The Connectors, And Enjoy. I Noticed Heat After About 3-4 Minutes, Which Made Sense Due To The thickness of The Cloth.

I Hope This Is A Help to Anyone Thinking About Doing This.. or Maybe Now You Are. What I Like Is Because It Runs On the ignition I Can Leave The Rocker On High and When I Remote Start My Truck The Seat turns On. You Cant Find That On Stock Heated Seats.

Let me Know If You Have Any Questions.
I Will try To Post Pictures When My Camera Finds Its Way BACK to Me

Sorry About The Caps On The First Letter - It's How I Type

A. Jones

Old 01-09-2008 | 12:49 AM
Redram05baby
Default RE: Best Mod Ive Done

Although I Have Had My truck For 3 Years I Am New To The Fourm. So Hey AllI Am AJ

Old 01-09-2008 | 10:45 AM
mfs212
Captain

Welcome AJ! Did you by any chance take pics of the process? If so, you can create a DIY and will be DF all-star in no time...lol.. There is a DIY on how to put leather on, so why not how to install heated seats...

Hmmm....warm butt in only 3 beers.... i like it

Old 01-09-2008 | 10:59 AM
luis_defreitas
Rookie

ORIGINAL: mfs212

Welcome AJ! Did you by any chance take pics of the process? If so, you can create a DIY and will be DF all-star in no time...lol.. There is a DIY on how to put leather on, so why not how to install heated seats...

Hmmm....warm butt in only 3 beers.... i like it
uhhhmmmm

sound kind of gay... LOLOLOLOLOL

Old 01-09-2008 | 11:10 AM
mfs212
Captain

HAH!!!

Old 01-09-2008 | 12:05 PM
2008cummings
Professional

I have seen those. I did remove my seat in my old truck burnt a hole in it. Bought the cloth seat cover on ebay. for like 100 bucks from a guy who put leather on his truck.

Very easy to do...

Old 01-09-2008 | 02:46 PM
Redram05baby

Thats Funny That You Said That... I Have 2 Holes In My Seats. I Have Since Quit Smoking And Will Not Allow Smoking In My Truck. Where Can I Find Leather Replacements?

And Yes I Have Pictures But Everytime I Select "Add Image" It Shows Up While I Am Typing But Doesn't Show Up In The Post... There Are 2 Pictures In The Orig. Post I Made - But They Don't Appear. Have Any Clue?

A. Jones

Old 01-09-2008 | 03:08 PM
mfs212
Captain

RedRam, I Like How You Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word....

Do A Search For "Leather" In The Third Gen Forum....(Damn This Is Hard To Do....I Keep Going Back To Typing Regularly) There Is Even A DIY That Hemiyellow And 94rt10ohio Have So Kindly Put Together... Handy, Huh?

Old 01-09-2008 | 03:54 PM
Redram05baby

AfterI Posted My Last Post I Found That DIY. Looks Nice and The Link He Gave Still Looked The Least Expensive.

It's Not The Hard To Type Like This. Use Your Thumb For The Shift.

And Because I Am A Nooob How Do I Post The Pictures?

Old 01-09-2008 | 04:01 PM
mfs212
Captain

Iupload tophotobucket, and then hit the little mountain button that says add image and copy the link in to the box that pops up... Then ta da...pics