3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

System Install W/ Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Redram05baby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default System Install W/ Pics

I Am New To Forum And I Am Showing My Pics but I Am Curious How You All Did Yours

Well Here Is Mine. I Am Not A Crazy Bass Lover.. I Like Clean, and Something To Watch Movies In. I Bought All of This From Tweeter When They Stopped Carring Boston Acoustic So I Got A SMOOOOOOOKING Deal On The System.

Thats My Layout. Plus The Pioneer Navigation AVIC-N1 I Already Had Installed.

That Is The ONE Thing I Had Professionally Installed - And For Good Reason. I Already Had To Get It Sent In For A Bum Display and It Was Covered Under Warranty.

The Install Took A SOLID Day. I Just Made Sure It Was All Done Right.. No Corners Cut.

Sirius Install

I Am Kinda Pissed At myself For Not Having The Raw Equipment Installed Before I Put It Back Together.. But I Don't... Here's The After.

This Is Today's Pic... Dirty. But Shows You How It's Still Clean Today.

All New Speaker Wires - RCA's

Well Thats All. I Am Happy About My Whole Decision, No Regrets. Judge Mine or Lets See Yours.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:10 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: System Install W/ Pics

Y did you take out the whole interior. Im liking that reciever.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:18 PM
Lash
Professional

Should have laid down somedynamat (or any othersound deadening material of your choice)while you had everything ripped apart. It makes a HUGE difference.

Looks good though!!

Old 01-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Redram05baby

I Did... I used Flecta Mat. I Do HVAC And Thats What We Use In Small Utility Rooms For Loud Furnaces. Same Stuff But I Got It A LOTTT Cheeper.

I Gutted My Interior Because I Ran My Main Power Wire Down The Middle To Adviod The "Electrical Whisle" You get With Large Power Wires. I Had It In My Old Truck And I Hated It. All My AV Rca's Are On One Side - Speaker Wire On The Otherside. Plus All The Flecta I Put Down It Made It A Lot Easier.

I Want To See Your Creations!

A. Jones

Old 01-11-2008, 09:22 AM
mfs212
Captain

Yea...That looks all to familiar.... I did the same to mine, pulling out all of the carpet and laying a couple of layers of FatMat... I got 100sqft for about $100, then used some Dynamat extreme in the problem spots like the bottoms of the doors. I only get a nice thud when I knock on the door, not the normal tin can sound that it had...

Good call on running the power and signal leads seperatly.... I did the same... Man, our systems are very similar it seems. I was thinking about going with a headunit like that, but a lot of people seem to have problems, and I really like BWhite's Truckputer, so I think that will be my next interior project (my headers and coil spacers for leveling should be here this week...gonna handle that all at one time since it will be much easier to do the headers with the suspension disassembled)...

Here are some pics showing where I mounted the tweets... I traced a circle and cut an X through the fabric. That way I had 4 triangles of fabric to tuck in with the tweeter to keep the liner from sagging. I did this in late May, when I got the truck, so it seems to have been effective so far.

Hang on, I will post them in a second, having some trouble getting them uploaded...

Old 01-11-2008, 09:33 AM
mfs212
Captain

Here is the matting on the inside of the doors, you can see the Dynamat Extreme in the bottom....
Name:  Door.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  79.6 KB

Here is the back wall with the amps...
Name:  Truck.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  128.3 KB
Front Driver Tweeter, (fronts on the swivel mounts)
Name:  TFL.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  11.3 KB

Rear Passenger tweeter
Name:  TBR.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  27.8 KB

Old 01-11-2008, 09:40 AM
mfs212
Captain

and finally the Front right tweeter, from the drivers seat...

Name:  TFR.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  71.9 KB

Old 01-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Hemichief
Veteran

What a terrific skill to be able to do that. I want to upgrade on my 03's Infinity to a better system and better speakers. I just dont want to loose my stering wheel controls.

You did a great job...

Old 01-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Redram05baby

Nice Install mfs! I Like That Idea. haha I Like Your "There's Sound COming From Everywhere Comment".

Sometimes I Wish I Would Have Gone With A More Powerful AMP With A W7 But... I Don't Listen The That Much Bass.

Seriously Very Nice Install.

Come On People Show Your Stuff. I Want To See Install Pics!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 10:49 AM
mfs212
Captain

ME TOO!!!

Thanks for the compliments, guys. It is nice to hear some kudos after putting a lot of work into our trucks, right?

I don't really listen to that much bass either, but I have it if I need to show someone that they are retarted...lol...My system is very balanced, which I like. I can't wait till I get the Truckputer installed, because then I can electronically control the EQ, Crossovers, etc all from the touch screen mounted in the dash. That will be frickin awesome. Right now, I just have the slight 2 band EQ controls and Sub crossover/level on my Panny head. The head has some nicely powered, clean pre-amps.

What size power cable did you run? I have 2 4AWG leads running....one to the sub amp, the other to a distro for the mid amp and tweet amp. Each amp has its own 4AWG ground.

Quick Reply: System Install W/ Pics