3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
$3.50
5.00%
$4.00
20.00%
$5.00
32.50%
$6.00
42.50%
Dumped it already.
0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

How much would gas have to go up before you dump the truck?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 12:56 PM
skram72
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much would gas have to go up before you dump the truck?

I wont dump it but it will sit in the driveway...good reason to tell the wifey I need that new Harley!

Old 01-14-2008, 12:56 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

The truth of the matter is...the prices are gonna do what they are gonna do...and yeah we all cringe when the $$ goes up a few cents. But becaues it does it creaps up on us a few cents at a time...we will all pay the price.

and can I just add.....I got forced to drive the Jeep everyday cause unleaded was so much cheaper than diesel a few months ago....today...yeah diesel was almost 20 cents cheaper than mid grade [:@][:@] I want my CTD back!!!!

oh yeah and in a month or so I'll be on two wheels just for the commute (well at least that's the excuse I'm giving everyone)

Old 01-14-2008, 01:07 PM
eltupac
All Star

Diesel in so fl was $3.49. I wish I could afford the truck and a four banger. Insurance man, insurance.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:15 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In another fourteen months or so, I will have the four-banger (MazdaSpeed 3) for the commute. The truck will stay home 'cept when I need the passenger/cargo capacity. He's earned a rest anyway.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:19 PM
mfs212
Captain

That Speed3 is sick....so much fun to drive!

Old 01-14-2008, 01:25 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Sad thing is, is that oil companies are going to ride the finite source of oil until it cannot no longer be used...and after oil is no longer an option for them to hold our nuts by, they'll finally use an alternate source that will have us by the ***** again. Solar is the future, if vehicles took in solar light and stored it, if our houses came with solar roofing that charged our houses, we could charge our vehicles over night in the driveway. Everything is so laid out for us in the future, BUT nobody would ever want to take on a business that insured that there wouldn't be repeat/everyday customers. Energy companies are going to come up with an alternative to oil that will make it so we have to be reliable on them like we are now. Most likely something like hydrogen. I sure as hell wouldn't know how to make my vehicle function off hydrogen, would you? And that's where they'll have us. Theres plently of new ways we could power our houses and vehicles and be self-reliant, but then companies wouldn't be getting the giant profits they get from us for our electricity in our homes, heating of our houses, gas and oil for our vehicles. Profits are endless for these companies, why would they want to help us become indepedant on our own free energy source...THE SUN. If a company was smart, they'd invest heavily in solar panels for houses and solar energy for vehicles. They'd be new wave and EVERYONE would pay them to install it in their homes, and have vehicles designed by them, it'd be a great business....just some ideas...until then, we all have out nuts in a vice from the oil companies and they are taking full advantage...it's a disgrace.. Not to mention I get 9mpg, and 260 miles to a full tank...only costs me about $90 to fill my truck...not too big of a deal.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:48 PM
A05GSHO
Professional

Regardless of the price I would need my truck.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:54 PM
luis_defreitas
Rookie

ORIGINAL: skram72

I wont dump it but it will sit in the driveway...good reason to tell the wifey I need that new Harley!
x2

i will putting some money away so i can buy a bike... I dont know if i want a harley so far i like a racing bike!!!

Old 01-14-2008, 02:43 PM
bwhite757
All Star

Had the bike, dumped it after the 2nd time someone pulled out in front of me (Kept the bike upright, but barely, was forced to swing around oncoming traffic and into a field) You can only do so much to a motorcycle to try and be seen, but people are just to careless on the roads and don't pay attention to bikers.

Anyway, that said... I don't know if I could part with the truck. For each $1 a gallon it rises = around $20-26 more per fill-up, which I have to do twice a week, sometimes 3, 4, 5, and 6... lol Depends on where I'm having to commute to work, but a 4 banger can't pull my trailer. If I have to get rid of my rig, then I have to find a new job... My costs rise with increasing gas, thus my prices will rise. It's just how it works...

As far as solar power goes, I'm not sure the technology is there yet to be able to pull a 6,000 lb trailer for an 800 mile trip, through mountains and hilly terrain. It's a good concept, but unfortunantly isn't practical for my line of work, and a lot of other people that have the Ram work horses..

Old 01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
skram72

ah maybe I would drive it every other day...do think I can get a 28' ladder rack on a Harley?

Quick Reply: How much would gas have to go up before you dump the truck?