3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

On To Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: On To Tires

ORIGINAL: Redram05baby

TD You Had Me Interested In That Pro Comp Thread Until I Saw The Two Half Nude Dudes In the Bananna Hammocks - Kinda Lost Interest When I Saw That.
LMAO yea theres a lot of jokin around in the CTD section... But did you read wat steve had to say?

Old 01-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Redram05baby

Yes I Did. If A Deal Fell On My Lap Like That I Would Take Em' and I'd Be The One Sayin' I LOVE EM, or These Things Suck! But For The Price Its Not Worth The Risk. I Am Giving It Until My Lift Comes In (Thursday - Recieved My Tracking Number Today) ThenI Will Force Myself In Buying Tires. So This Whole Week I'll Be Lookin For Tire Steals Until I Figure Out Exactly What I Want.

And As I Said I Am Having Buyers Remorse On My Forged Wheels.. I Really Want Black.

Old 01-19-2008, 05:16 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

There is another Pro Comp discussion going right now on another forum I'm on (of course I had to post MY opinion there as well), here is the jist of it.

"I bought a set of Xterrains for mytruck and had nothing but problems. Drifting, front end shakes & severe tire wear. I pulled them off after 15k with very little tread left. I've had issues with them in the past.. I know better than to buythem, but a lot of people have them and recommended them.The place I boughtthemwouldn't even think about replacing them, even with the warranty."

So this basically goes to show ya' for every guy who says "I have had mine for a zillion miles and they still look like new" you can find one like the guy above.
They do perform quite well off-road, when you have tread, but too many guys I personally know (not just read posts from) have had them go bald in no time.

However, I'm not really trying to bash them, just share a little knowledge, so in all fairness, I'll paste another response that was in the same thread...

"Contact Pro Comp directly. A friend of mine had almost 20,000 on his Pro Comp M/Ts and the same problem as you. Bad cupping issues and no useable tread left. He contacted them and ended up getting a COMPLETELY NEW set delivered to his house for free. They even forgot to pickup his old ones"

So maybe there is hope for you yet, Greggie...

Old 01-19-2008, 05:19 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

well i am not defending the mt's or the xterrains... simply the tires i use... the pro comp xtreme at's.... and as far as those specific tires i havent heard complaints or problems but just plenty of good... check out a lot of the guys from the CTD section runnin these tires love em too... Sharx Ram for example...

Old 01-19-2008, 05:33 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Enough of a debate on those tires, like I've said, I run with a bunch in GA. who think my Cepek's are "girly tires" so I've not personally known anyone with the A/T version. But I HAVE SEEN bald M/T's with my own eyes, owned by friends who have bought theirs since I bought mine. I HAVE SEEN baldX-Terrains with 18k on them. As I stated above, if you look hard enough, you can find at least one guy with a bad Pro Comp experience for every one with a good one. Like I have said, maybe the A/T's are a different compound and wear better on pavement. So let's table this for now, and we'll re-visit the subject when yours have 20-25k on them, shall we?

Old 01-19-2008, 08:32 PM
Redram05baby

Sweet. I Have An Idea That Will Help TD, Hammer, and Me (and Anyone Looking At This Thread For Input). Do You Guys Have A Tire You Agree Have Worn Well, Drive Well (key 99.9%), Yet Aggressive Enough To Feel Comfotable Offroad - That The Liking Is Actually Mutual?!?!

Old 01-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Lash
Professional

Toyo Open Country A/T

or

Nitto Terra Grapplers

You will not be disappointed.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:53 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

ORIGINAL: Redram05baby

Yes I Did. If A Deal Fell On My Lap Like That I Would Take Em' and I'd Be The One Sayin' I LOVE EM, or These Things Suck! But For The Price Its Not Worth The Risk. I Am Giving It Until My Lift Comes In (Thursday - Recieved My Tracking Number Today) ThenI Will Force Myself In Buying Tires. So This Whole Week I'll Be Lookin For Tire Steals Until I Figure Out Exactly What I Want.

And As I Said I Am Having Buyers Remorse On My Forged Wheels.. I Really Want Black.

I was a pro comp hater when I got them and like I said, I figured they'd be done in 30k... after all the miles & off roading the past 2 years, I am an advocate for them. they rock. you guys can say what you want, but speaking directly with someone who has them is going to be the best word that you can get. I used to hate pro comp, I love this tire.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:22 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

don't worry hammer ill keep ya posted... and i know a lot of CTD users runnin 35's... i'll get their input..

Old 01-20-2008, 10:01 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I am running bfg all terrain ko's and hate them.

Quick Reply: On To Tires