3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC/HEAT BLOWER NOISE

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AC/HEAT BLOWER NOISE

Since i have not had my truck for too long i was wondering if the cold weather is having this effect on the ac/heater blower, if i am just now hearing the noise, or if its normal operation.

When i turn on the blower (fan) to either 3rd or 4th highest speed, i get a low frequency rumble noise. the temps and air pressures coming out of the vents are ok. The rummble is not present in either the off position (obviously) or in either of the first two lower speeds. The rummble does not change pitch or frequency in either the cold or hot temp selection or in mode (ie. floor, vents, defrost, etc).

Anyone else have this problem?

The following users liked this post:
J. Denny (11-27-2019)
Old 01-18-2008, 03:52 PM
witeboywitawitehemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AC/HEAT BLOWER NOISE

I have this problem on my drivers side. It happens to me in cold or hot weather. If you find out how to fix her up let me know!

Old 01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Petz
Professional

Truck is heading into the dealership Tuesday for ac/heat blower inspection as well as swaping out the door lock module on the pass door. Door lock is not locking the other three doors 20% of the time, suspect either faulty module or bad connection in wire.

Old 01-19-2008, 02:19 PM
warrking

Yes please tell me what the problem is if anyone can find out.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:08 PM
rmar

Check to see if there has been a recall on the truck. I have a 2002 ram 1500 4.7 and there was a recall for the wiring harness for the blower motor. The housing for the wire was not the correct size, when the fan was on high for a length of time the wire would come loose. This happened to me and the plastic harness around the wire melted from the arc or whatever it was .
(lucky the truck didn't burn up) I don't know if I can bring my truck back to the dealer because of the age of the truck(5 yrs old) so I have been driving around without heat for about three weeks now. I am trying to get the part to fix it myself. This forum is an awesome place to get help. Good luck.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:07 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

i have a rubmle noise at the 2 high speeds too. its pretty loud. when i turn it off from the higher speeds i hear a whistle noise for a minute and then it goes away. it doesnt really bother me as i never turn the heat up to the higher speeds, the first 2 are usually enough for me i always dress for the cold weather.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:55 PM
BRINKLEY
Professional

sounds like an issue I had a few months back. you might want to check in your blower, mine had a leaf in it and it drove me crazy. its under the glove box, I think it is just three screws, a little hard to get to, but it only took about 20 minutes. Well worth it in my opinion.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Petz
Professional

well i got the news from the dealership concerning the ac/heat blower noise. Apparently the mechanics that open and close the door that regulates fresh air/recycle air has broke. A piece of that mechanics fell into the blower.

Truck is scheduled for next wed to have the dash taken apart and the door mechanics replaced.

Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM
diverbrook

Did taking apart the dash fix the problem? Noise gone?
I'm having a whistling noise when I change the air to recycle and the dealer can't figure it out. I'm thinking maybe it's the same problem.

[IMG]local://upfiles/83482/D2577FA3038140F3B5AC819E2B66D281.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Petz
Professional

The dealership did remove the dash and replaced the doors on the ac/heater blower system. Basically one of the doors was broke at the hinge and when the air flow was increased across the surface it began to vibrate. This lead to the low frequency vibration sound.

Quick Reply: AC/HEAT BLOWER NOISE