3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

opinions on this leveling kit please

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Broich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: opinions on this leveling kit please

Thanks Hammer, thats what i wanted was from someone with knowlege of them and how they worked. And yeah, i guess half inch ain't much at all. It's tough around here, shops have no inventory and no experience with this kind of stuff. I had to get tires ordered from half way across the country, as no-one here could get, wanted to get or care what i really waned. Or they wanted to bend me over if they did bring them in.

Should i order rear shocks at the same time if i go with those ranchos? Did your buddy Hammer?

d

Old 01-24-2008, 10:11 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

To my knowledge he didn't touch the rear at all, just the Quicklifts in the front, he's running my old 33x12.5x17 Mickey Thompson MTXs that I took off my truck when I lifted and went to 35s. The 33's look very good in the wells. I know you can just get 33's on when stock, but they look perfect with the extra room in there. It kinda looks like 35s would go, but be tight, I'm afraid they'd rub on really tight turns and when bouncing around off pavement. Even though many have 35s with just a level kit, I don't recommend it unless it's just for show and you plan on being a pavement queen...

Old 01-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Broich

Yea, i've already got those 33 12.5 20 Mickey T's Atz that i ordered. What a sweet tire. And i'll have those for a few years, will wait for the 35's when warrentys up and will prob go 4" lift. I'll leave those rear shocks for now,and she how she is. Easy enough for a later install at home. Got the windows tinted yesterday -dark in the rear, factory back two doors and one shade lighter in the front doors. Looks good actually, was a little nervousabout the three shades....

Will let you guys know when the Ranchos go in, i'm gonna go order them.

D

Old 01-24-2008, 11:32 AM
josh213corbs
Professional

Curious question Brioch...how dark did you go on yourrear window?

I put 15% on my fronts and it matches the factory quite well, but I want my rear window to be much darker. I'm looking into 5%, but curious if 5% on top of the factory will be too dark and impair for rear view vision.

Any comments?

Old 01-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

the readylift comes with the "key" thingy and lowers the shock mounts which gives you the factory ride. like they said above, ive heard the quicklift only gives and inch and some change. i measured mine and i need 2.25in to be "level" so the readylift 2.5 shouldnt look too wierd (im hoping). evry man to his own i guess haha. but ive heard that the rings you install that are like 60 rust or break after a while. not sure if thats true but iv heard it

Old 01-24-2008, 03:38 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

plus that fact that the quicklift shocks are 199 each. dont know if price is an issue. i REALLY wanted them til i found that out ha

Old 02-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Broich

Well the Rancho quicklifts are in, i'm super impressed with the ride difference. Fixed the floaty feeling, and feels like a whole new front end. Been too cold to play with the adjustability, but will def. do when it warms up outside. BUT no so impressed with the lift side of it, i don't think it looks level, close but def. still has a rake to her. But whatever, was the right way to go by doing both at once.

As to the question about rear tint, was 5% and i like the way it looks with the three consecutive shades. Not too dark in the rear....

They also installed the front tow hooks for me for free, which i can't believe is an OPTION on a large 4x4 truck....

D

Old 02-12-2008, 02:50 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Broich

Doug in Canada "
Are you Bob Mackenzie's brother?

Old 02-12-2008, 04:52 PM
RAM0447
Professional

ORIGINAL: josh213corbs

Curious question Brioch...how dark did you go on yourrear window?

I put 15% on my fronts and it matches the factory quite well, but I want my rear window to be much darker. I'm looking into 5%, but curious if 5% on top of the factory will be too dark and impair for rear view vision.

Any comments?
WOW! That would be very dark, i'd just put 20 over it and that should probably get it close to 5%

Old 02-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Broich

Unfortunately no, but if i was - i'd be the coolest guy in Canada.

The tint is actually perfect for the rear. It wasn't factory tinted to start with, so the rear is 5, the rear doors are factory 20 and the fronts are 15.

D

Quick Reply: opinions on this leveling kit please