3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I might lose my baby :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:57 PM
EspoMan
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I might lose my baby :(

Thanks guys, I will keep you guys posted. I wonder if there is some sort of law that states how long the dealership can let you keep the vehicle without being financed. If the terms were to change at all I am not obligated to sign them correct?

Old 02-01-2008, 02:13 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

If you signed the original paperwork and it had the term and rate on it, they cannot force you to take any other deal. The most they could do is give you your trade and $ back in exchange for the truck and cancel the deal, and really could only do that if they could prove you fully intended to quit your second job when you signed. If you had the 2nd job at the time you signed the original load app. then I don't think they have a leg to stand on there either...

Old 02-01-2008, 02:33 PM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

I thought you were going to talk to a lawyer to learn your rights as a buyer. Should be able to get a free consultation and advising.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:07 PM
EspoMan
Professional

I am going to wait till Monday and see what they come up with. If im in the same boat, then im going to have to get one and get some advice.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:56 AM
kevinmroczko

Any word on this????

Old 02-05-2008, 09:25 AM
EspoMan
Professional

ORIGINAL: kevinmroczko

Any word on this????
I called yesterday and I spoke to the manager, he apologized and said that when he called to speak to his contact at chrysler financial on friday, that the person was off friday through monday because his contact took a couple extra days off and he was not aware of it. He said he would call him again today and for me to call him back around 1:00pm or 2:00pm. So today I HOPE I get my answer. I told him that the payment on the vehicle that I traded in was due in a couple of days and he said that if we dont get this solved by today he would cut them a check for the payment. They really want to keep me in this truck. I will keep you guys posted and hopefully today I know something. Thanks again guys.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
EspoMan
Professional

UPDATE:

Ok guys the wait is over. I get a call today around 4:00PM from Dodge. The finance guy apologized for everything and said that the manager got me approved and everything is fine. He said that I got approved under the original terms of the contract so I don't have to go in at all for anything else. He also said that they would FedEx the payoff to Citibank and have my trade in paid in full, since my payment was due in 2 days. I will get a confirmation letter from Chrysler within a week or so. So I guess I get to keep my baby! I will post more pics soon, I took it out to the mountains the other day and I had a blast. Thanks guys for all the support.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:37 AM
moparman2k2
Professional

Standing up to them works Good for you man.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:39 AM
kevinmroczko

Congrats!!!!

Old 02-06-2008, 11:03 AM
EspoMan
Professional

Thanks!

Quick Reply: I might lose my baby :(