3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Magna Flow Exhaust Sound Problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 12:27 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Magna Flow Exhaust Sound Problem

ORIGINAL: sa1765

i'm no fan of magnaflow for normal driving. anything under 2200rpm (give or take) and it damn near makes your ears bleed. as far as it being quieter than other mufflers...you won't convince me of it. the MF sounds good when you're foot is buried..but everyday driving isn't pleasant.
i'd say ditch the muffler and go w/ a different brand...i want to.
That's BS...here's my truck completely WOT with a magnaflow. I'll take one while cruising...you can barely even hear it. I dunno what you have but it's not a magnaflow...or you got the wrong length. http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWad3L8l95g I removed the rear resonator after that vid because it was too quiet...it's still quiet but has a better tone.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:30 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

i'm no fan of magnaflow for normal driving. anything under 2200rpm (give or take) and it damn near makes your ears bleed. as far as it being quieter than other mufflers...you won't convince me of it. the MF sounds good when you're foot is buried..but everyday driving isn't pleasant.
That's BS...here's my truck completely WOT with a magnaflow. I'll take one while cruising...you can barely even hear it. I dunno what you have but it's not a magnaflow...or you got the wrong length. http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWad3L8l95g I removed the rear resonator after that vid because it was too quiet...it's still quiet but has a better tone.
\

+1,and thank you!!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:31 AM
nhglyn

After talking with a lot of people, and rereading everything on the forum, I have decided to put the stock system back in. Just the best option in my circumstances. If anyone is interested in purchasing the Magna Flow (#16699), send me an email (nhglyn@comcast.net). I will post in the classifieds later today.

And, I do thank everyone here for their time and input. You have been very helpful and I appreciate it.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:56 AM
2005cobrakiller
Captain

lol i cut my stock system off before the muffs talk about loud !!!!! its awsome.....

Old 02-04-2008, 11:35 PM
sa1765
Veteran

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

you're right, it could be the wrong length of muffler...i don't know. i just told the muffler shop i wanted a MF and they put one on...and cut out the 2 resonators. i love the sound when i'm trying to get the truck movin quick, but that's about it.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
JD1500
Record Breaker

Severe..

I agree. Something with the length. Me and you have the same muffler i think. My magnaflow sounded exactly like that, and i did the same. Cutt off the rear res. It sounds great. The only time i dont like it is when i'm towing, but putting the rear res on will solve that again.

Old 02-05-2008, 02:58 AM
Hemiroid
Professional

in my acura cl-s i put an exhaust on with high hopes, only to have it disgust me and be removed a week later... waste of $$ but fuggit... hopefully i wont feel the same when i do it to the truck

Quick Reply: Magna Flow Exhaust Sound Problem