3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rhino, Line-X or Scorpion Spray-in Liner?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Hemi Kid320
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rhino, Line-X or Scorpion Spray-in Liner?

ive worked for both dealers of rhino and linex... and for the rhino we sprayed about 10 gallons of material into a six foot bed and it was1/4" on the floors and about an 1/8 on the sides, cuz it will run if its any thicker on the sides... the linex hardens almost instantly when sprayed but linex goes by the clicks... thats the amount of times the trigger on the gun is clicked releasing the product... rhino feels 10 times softer on the hands or body when your climbing in and out of your truck (with linex it almost feels like your getting cut) since the rhino is thicker and softer it is a lot easier for it to get scared... there are two types of rhino though so you want to know what your getting, there is the original or called tuff stuff if i recall and then there is a newer product hardline... which more resembles linex... when i sold them before generally contractors would get hardline and light use customers who were doing yard work and such got tuff stuff... linex on the other hand it verrrrrry durable and stands less of a chance of damage... yes both are warrantied for as long as you own it but be careful... if you "misuse" it, it is out of warranty because "these products are not cryptonite and cant stop everything"... loading your truck with a fork lift, putting a snowmobile in it with carbides or studs in the track will void it and you'll get some line like, were willing to work with you but it cant be done for free since it was misused... my suggestion, and what i told all my customers is to purchase a bed mat along with whatever liner you choose and have that be a secondary protection to your bed. as far as choices, thatsgonna have to be up to you but if you wantextremedurability, linex or hardline and if you want non skid and softer go with tuff stuff...if you have any more questions about either one just let me know...

Old 05-29-2008, 11:40 PM
suckmyhemi07
Rookie

I like Line-X for a spray on...

But i like the BedRug alot...its tough and easy to clean www.bedrug.com

Old 05-29-2008, 11:44 PM
sos
All Star

I had the same questions, and I eventually went with Rhino because I had it in my Dakota before and was happy with its performance. I like the look of Line-X, but the thing that put me off was people saying that it was very rough, almost like sandpaper.

Old 05-30-2008, 01:39 AM
chriss

i got the rhino tuff stuff its THICK. and stuff doesnt slide around cuz its kinda sticky.
i load my truck with forks and so far no gouges but ive only had the liner for a few months.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:09 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

Go with a Bedrug! I have one and I love it!!

Quick Reply: Rhino, Line-X or Scorpion Spray-in Liner?