3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

gear ratio???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:33 PM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gear ratio???

After putting the 4.56's in my truck I noticed a lot more power came out of my small block v6 engine....Coming from the typical 3.55 gear ratio, it was a huge step up in performance

Old 02-12-2008, 03:32 PM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: gear ratio???

Boys boys, come on lets all be friends. lol

true even with a 3inch body lift the truck will ride dif, and with a 6 inch susp lift itll ride like a totaly diff truck. but you learn to drive. This is my first truck (my dad wouldnt let anything other than a mercedes in his driveway and i couldnt afford a unimog) ive always had cars with great handling. Then i bought a 4dr 4x4 truck, you learn how it handles, i had to. My buddy was following behind me and apparently i take turns too fast cause i flattened my outside tires more than he'd ever seen someone do.
I live in texas, its so damn windy cars get bumped around, it aint like we're trying to recreat that tundra commercial. besides hank if its too windy just roll the windows down and let the air pass through HA!

Quick Reply: gear ratio???