3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Where to find- double DIN/Navigation bezel for 2005?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 04:04 PM
Redram05baby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where to find- double DIN/Navigation bezel for 2005?

Woh.. Help Me Out.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1180260/mpa...tm.htm#1180260

Old 02-15-2008, 04:26 PM
notto
Rookie

jensen vm9512multimedia Receiver with 7 in. Motorized Swivel Touch Screen i think the best one on the market for the price $599.00

Product Description
7" MOTORIZED TOUCHSCREEN & MULTIZONE 240W MAX POWER PLAYS DVDCD MP3 WMA AAC IPOD USB SECURE DIGITAL CARD & IS SATELLITE-READY UPGRADED TFT SCREEN MOSFET POWER BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY PICTURE-IN-PICTURE ESP: 2 MB 7-BAND EQ WITH SPECTRUM ANALYZER 8-PRESET EQ CURVES AUTO DIMMER FOR TFT MEDIAPLEX TWIN CORE ENGINE 5.1 DOLBY DIGITAL & PRO-LOGIC II NAV READY INCLUDES FULL-SIZE & KID-ZONE REMOTES INCLUDES MEDIALINK UNDER-DASH INTERFACE ADAPTER LINKDIRECT HIGH-SPEED DIRECT CONNECT INTERFACE FOR PLAYLISTS ARTISTS ALBUMS SONGS PHOTOS & VIDEOS CONTROLS ALL IPOD FUNCTIONS (EXCEPT IPOD SHUFFLE) VIA TOUCHSCREEN HIGH-PERFORMANCE A GRADE TFT SCREEN 336960 PIXELS MEDIAPLEX SINGLE CORE ENGINE COMPATIBLE WITH DVD+R/RW CD-R/RW CD-DA MP3 WMA SVCD VCD MPEG1/2 & JPEG 2 A/V INPUTS FOR EXTERNAL MEDIA CONNECTIVITY FOR VCR DVD PLAYER & GAME CONSOLE 2 COMPOSITE VIDEO OUTPUTS FOR ADDITIONAL SCREENS PLAYS MP3 & WMA FILES BURNED ONTO DVD+R/RW SUPPORTS UP TO 1000 SONGS ON A SINGLE DVD COMPATIBLE WITH SINGLE & DUAL LAYER DVD+R 3-BAND EQUALIZER BASS MIDRANGE & TREBLE 8-PRESET EQ CURVES RADIO BROADCAST DATA SERVICE STATION CALL LETTERS SONG INFORMATION & ARTIST INFORMATION INCLUDES 3.5MM RCA MEDIA INTERFACE CABLE TO CONNECT TO OTHER PORTABLE DEVICE COMPATIBLE WITH VARIOUS XM & SIRIUS SATELLITE TUNERS

Old 02-15-2008, 04:26 PM
EspoMan
Professional

Can someone please tell me what that hook thing is for, the hook under the air bag switch!?

Old 02-15-2008, 08:55 PM
tmodlin
Rookie

ORIGINAL: swaj38812

Well I figrued it out! Sorry for having tolearningon your post.
Hey thanks. Let me know what you did. You can PM me or send an email to t_modlin@hotmail.com

For everyone else, thanks for the suggestions. I want the double din because I want the fixed screen. No flip outs for me. I am getting my remote start installed tomorrow and I will ask the shop thats doing that for some suggestions.

I will keep you all posted.

Tim

Old 02-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Fris
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: EspoMan

Can someone please tell me what that hook thing is for, the hook under the air bag switch!?
im wondering the same thing. and my 04 SLT quad cab does not have the air bag switch

Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

swaj38812 - I was wanting to do the same thing but I wasn't sure if the double DIN units like that could be surface mounted (to cover the hole I'd cut) rather than the stock-type flush mounting. Does it mount with side brackets or does it use a big double-DIN cage?

Airbag switch is found only on regular cab models.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:54 AM
tmodlin
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Fris

im wondering the same thing. and my 04 SLT quad cab does not have the air bag switch
I use the hook to hang a trash sack. I am pretty sure it is for a womans purse or trash bag though.

It took me a few looks to realize what hook you were talking about.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:05 AM
swaj38812

It took some modification! I ordered a new bezel off ebay in case I messed up I had to cut out the hole used a double din installation kit for a F150. Epoxy the kit in bondo the holes sand and paint. It does leave some holes in the side that have to be filled and some body filler. You have to trim some of the plastic behind the radio also. It is a serious modification but if still interested I can send some pics of the process just send me an email and I will get back to you. I had a flip out and just did not like it trying to use the touch screen. I love the flush mount. Cruiser boy may need to do a little more research before responding! But we are all here to learn!

Old 02-16-2008, 11:27 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: tmodlin

ORIGINAL: Fris

I use the hook to hang a trash sack. I am pretty sure it is for a womans purse or trash bag though.

It took me a few looks to realize what hook you were talking about.
The hooks primary purpose, as I have always known it, is to hook a bag of groceries. Or as a beer bottle opener.[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 09-05-2008, 02:19 PM
sudraman

I have an 05 Dodge RAM as well and I would really appreciate it if you could email me the steps on how u were able to fit a 2DIN stereo

My email address is "me AT rsud dot net"
thanks

Raman

Quick Reply: Where to find- double DIN/Navigation bezel for 2005?