3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Adding an amp to infinity sound

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Sargento
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Adding an amp to infinity sound

Now you can install your loc direct to your front door speaker wire, i did that and it my sub sounded good....But when i installed the CHYAA it sounded a whole lot better...then i replaced my front door speakers with a pair of alpines also connected to my amp (4 channel, bridged 1 channel for the sub) and again an improvement. I am satisfied with my sound

Old 02-22-2008, 12:07 PM
melhoff13
Rookie

Sargent, why did you chose to hook the LOC to your front speakers rather than your rear speakers...

Old 02-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Sargento

BECAUSE THE FRONT SPEAKERS HAVE THE LOW/BASE SIGNAL FROM THE INFINITY AMP, THE BACK DOOR SPEAKERS HAS THE MID TO HIGH SIGNAL....IN WHICH WILL NOT REPRODUCE GOOD SUB SIGNAL.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:44 PM
melhoff13
Rookie

That makes since. I will change my plan and connect my LOC to the front speakers...Thanks! Now I need to find a wire diagram or does anyone one know the front speakers wire color combination?

Old 02-23-2008, 11:47 PM
daytonaramrod

if you just adding a sub amp then just use the LOC Pro , then you just tap into the speaker wires for either the front two speakers or the rear two speakers to get a signal out so the sub will play

Old 02-24-2008, 03:17 PM
melhoff13
Rookie

Thanks everyone for all the help.I was able to get this all installed and set-up. Raising the seat up with larger bolts and washers was a great idea (maybe not the safest).I was able to install the subs and the amp under the raised seat. I only have one problem left that I am dealing with. The battery gauge fluctuates with the sub/amp combo (only when the bass hits hard). So, i plan to double check all my wiring and then look into bigger alt/battery/cap....

Whenever I figure out how to post pictures I will put some up for yall to see...Thanks!

Old 02-24-2008, 10:49 PM
daytonaramrod

that is going to happen,

car batteries are rated for running a car driving 65 down a highway with all your accessories on,

now you add in the amp and its going to mess with ti

best thing to do would be just add a capacitor in there and that will take car of it.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:51 PM
melhoff13
Rookie

I'm in the process of upgrading the stock battery to a REDTOP Optima. If the battery gauge issues continue after that I will put a capacitor in. Hopefully, the new battery will improve the voltage meter. I've been needing to get a better battery due to the cold weather anyways, so it's a good time to do so. I've never installed a CAP so I will be posting for help if I need one. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Adding an amp to infinity sound