3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

flowmaster 44s

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:34 PM
minyo16
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flowmaster 44s

i put flowmaster 44s on my 2002 dodge ram 1500 QC 5.9L 360 and it has headers but its not loud. an the guy who put them on said they are not going to get and louder b/c theres no bafel or how ever you spell it. in them? what should i do

Old 02-26-2008, 06:55 PM
4x4jon
Rookie
Default RE: flowmaster 44s

If you want louer get a 10 series flowmaster. Its the race series, and doesnt quiet anything down much. I have one, and its not really any quieter than straight pipes, but still keeps the flowmaster tone.

I wouldnt recommand it if you dont have cats though. I put one on my trans am, and with LT headers and no cats and it got LOUD. Way too loud for anything you drive on the street.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:49 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I guess everyone has a different interpretation of loud. I just answered a thread a couple of weeks ago where a guy had a 44 put on and couldn't stand how loud it was, wife refused to ride in the truck and everything else was stock. Here you have the same AND headers AND it's not loud enough for you.
I have LT Headers, CAI and a 50HD and think it's perfect for me, although I leave for work at 5:15 in the morning and ALL the neighbors bitch! And it's not like we are all on top of each other, we all have roughly 1/2 acre lots.
I had a Nova 350-SS back in the day, no headers, but I installed a Cherry Bomb muffler on it. To date, the loudest I've ever heard, great sound. You may want to try one...

Old 02-26-2008, 08:53 PM
minyo16
Professional

i live in new york is there anyway to get around haveing a cat? does anyone no? like emisions and all

Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
SWOS Chief
Veteran

When they put the 44's on did they cut the rest of the crap out? If you leave nothing but the cat and muffler it makes a difference.

Old 02-26-2008, 09:24 PM
minyo16
Professional

what you mean cut the rest of the crap out? in new york i think i have to have the cat. when i asked if i can put two high flow ones on they said no

Old 02-26-2008, 09:52 PM
BadRam1
Veteran

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

I guess everyone has a different interpretation of loud. I just answered a thread a couple of weeks ago where a guy had a 44 put on and couldn't stand how loud it was, wife refused to ride in the truck and everything else was stock. Here you have the same AND headers AND it's not loud enough for you.
I have LT Headers, CAI and a 50HD and think it's perfect for me, although I leave for work at 5:15 in the morning and ALL the neighbors bitch! And it's not like we are all on top of each other, we all have roughly 1/2 acre lots.
I had a Nova 350-SS back in the day, no headers, but I installed a Cherry Bomb muffler on it. To date, the loudest I've ever heard, great sound. You may want to try one...

The Cherry Bomb Extreme is Cherry Bomb's version of the Flowmaster 10. Its also a single chamber race muffler. It sounds like an offshore power boat on a 4.7L. Its got the one of the meanest roars I have ever heard. My parents always complain about it. My dad actually heard me coming from over 1/2 mile away on a quiet Sunday afternoon once. People dont believe me when I tell them the only aftermarket exhaust component on my truck is the muffler.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:14 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran

LoL Niceeeeee...............My gf wont let me get a muffler and it bothers the hell out of me. I wunder what it would sound like on a single stock exaust with the resignators still on> ? think she would notice>? LMAO

Hope she dosent notice the 2.5 inch leveling kit thats commin soon either![]

Old 02-27-2008, 12:52 PM
cimcon

WONT LET YOU! What??? Bro, I'm sorry but if my girl stepped in that far then I'd have a real problem. There is just no WAY I could stand it. In fact I think if she said that I would put a 10 series race flowmaster on with no resonators![:@] You feel???

Plus, in responce to the first post, just look under your pick up if you notice anything other that your muffler and cat, take it back to the muffler shop and simply have them cut out everything else. Ill post a pic of my exhaust system for you. Give me about 2 days.

Old 02-27-2008, 01:16 PM
minyo16
Professional

you shold just to it. if she asks why it got louder say you dk lol.

Quick Reply: flowmaster 44s