3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Washing Products?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Kebo
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Washing Products?

Not to sound like a noob.....but what is everybody using for washing products on their Rams? The last few jugs of car washing liquid that I bought at the part store has been less than desirable. No suds. I am looking for a product that has good sudsing but won't take the wax off of the truck. So what are you using?

Old 03-05-2008, 05:09 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: Washing Products?

mud works great.
Meguires for everything.
all youll need is a cap full

Old 03-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wash??? Who washes their truck??? Actually I am not that bad but I might wash once every other month if I am feeling the need. I remember wen I first bought my truck I washed it about once a month but I have now settled back into my normal routine of not washing. My previous truck (which was purchased brand new)I never once washed in the 3 years I owned it.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:20 PM
jstmahoney
Captain

I use Meguires for everything.

Old 03-05-2008, 06:26 PM
red06RAM
All Star

Meguiars and Armor All. Meguiars Quick Shine is great in between washing.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:07 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: Pirata

Wash??? Who washes their truck??? Actually I am not that bad but I might wash once every other month if I am feeling the need. I remember wen I first bought my truck I washed it about once a month but I have now settled back into my normal routine of not washing. My previous truck (which was purchased brand new)I never once washed in the 3 years I owned it.
yeah tell me about it, until i put my bull bar on 2 weeks ago and gave it a bath, it was around august when the ol dodge last got its bath.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:30 PM
WhiteBerry
Veteran

i use the "$3 Car Wash" down the street (+$1 truck/suv charge +$1 Tip)... keeps it as clean as i want it until the 60+ degree weather comes back and i have some time to wash it myself!

Old 03-05-2008, 07:45 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

ORIGINAL: Pirata

yeah tell me about it, until i put my bull bar on 2 weeks ago and gave it a bath, it was around august when the ol dodge last got its bath.
I think mine has been since aboutr then too. I think I washed mine last then I got home from Yellowstone in the last week in July. The last washing would have been a few days to a week or so afterwards.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:04 PM
RAM0447
Professional

lol you guys are freaking nuts. I wash mine every week and paste/hand wax twice a month in the warmer weather. Inbetween other washes I always spray wax it. I like to baby my truck, plus the black looks amazing when it's clean. Gotta love a clean truck, but you gotta love a muddy one too..

Old 03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

ORIGINAL: RAM0447

lol you guys are freaking nuts. I wash mine every week and paste/hand wax twice a month in the warmer weather. Inbetween other washes I always spray wax it. I like to baby my truck, plus the black looks amazing when it's clean. Gotta love a clean truck, but you gotta love a muddy one too..
Hell, with this weather we've been having it's almost pointless to try right now. Sunny and warm 70 degrees one day, 30 and snowing the next, just getting road salt all over your freshly washed truck. lol

Quick Reply: Washing Products?