3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lamp out indicator

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 02:30 PM
tphillips45
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pull all six tail light lamps (bulbs)

I had this same issue, especially on bumpy roads but also on smooth surfaces. All the lamps were working, and the bulbs all looked good, but when I pulled all six out; there was one lamp that the plastic base had melted over the wire, changing the electric current flow, and thus causing the “lamp out” indicator light to illuminate and “ding” sporadically. Sometimes it would “ding” but the indicator light wouldn’t illuminate. Replacing that lamp in the tail light for $5 fixed the problem!

Originally Posted by dakota1955
I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 that shows an indicator light on the dash. It say "lamp out", but I've checked every light on this vehicle and they're all burning.
Can anyone help?

Old 04-08-2019, 07:34 PM
72rtchallenger
Professional
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick Roberson
I have a 04 Dodge Ram 1500 and the last couple weeks my "Lamp Out" light has been on and has gotten very annoying with its chime and my right front low beam has stopped working now I have HID head lights and and before this problem started the same light would actually take a few mins to actually come on I checked the light today and it seems to be fine but for some reason it isn't working I have thought about buying a new one but I wanted to see if anyone else maybe has ran into this problem and knows the answer
The Front Control Module FMC attaches to the fuse box , this controls the low an high beams and all lights and prone to issues, I have to shim mine between fuse box which it plugs in to , and this keeps my low beam working on passenger side which is the one that was out for me on low beam , sometimes I have to push on t but it works for the most part as you cannot by new only used I found maybe someone else knows different ,,others have wired there low beams to marker lights but the lamp out light stays on when this is done

Old 10-18-2019, 03:36 PM
Kevin Alvarado sales
Default Change bulb

I have a 03 ram 1500.
All the lights worked but that light came on. Couple days later my passenger turn signal light went out. And it fixed it.

but not the “lamp out” is still showing. I’ll just disconnect the battery for couple minutes and see if that works.
Originally Posted by Pyro
Check headlights, turnsignals front and back, brake lights, reverse lights, fog lights, and license plate illuminators.

Old 06-26-2021, 07:07 PM
MikeJukes
Default Light out indicator

04 Ramm 1500 SLT. My light out indicator only comes on when I have headlights on and use my turn signal or hazards. I know, it's no where near as annoying as some of you, but none the less, it is annoying at nighttime. All lights work and appear to be good. Anyone else with a similar situation and how did you get it to go away or what fixed it?

Old 12-10-2022, 02:27 PM
windozesuk
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I found a solution that worked for me with this same problem

Originally Posted by MikeJukes
04 Ramm 1500 SLT. My light out indicator only comes on when I have headlights on and use my turn signal or hazards. I know, it's no where near as annoying as some of you, but none the less, it is annoying at nighttime. All lights work and appear to be good. Anyone else with a similar situation and how did you get it to go away or what fixed it?
So I had same issue on a 2004 Ram I got from my friend. It was in an accident on fron driver's corner. Not long after repair, this would happen on both sides tuen signals only when parking lights were on. I replaced tear taillight boards as those were beat to hell, I thought that would fix but no. I checked grounds and ran fresh ground to paring lamp sockets as the ground wires were a bit green a good ways up, still not fixed. OK, removed IPM and FCM, tore down IPM into the separate layers of PCB and cleaned off some corrosion, fixed a short and epoxied it, still not fixed! Finally I just replaced the front turn signal sockets and all is good now! No more lamp out! I am trying to post this everywhere as I see not many people try replacing the front sockets because they look good upon inspection, but something inside goes wrong. Mine were the driver's side 12v was ever so slightly bleeding over between the 12v turn and the 12v parking pins, the passenger side was high resistance in the ground pin.

Quick Reply: lamp out indicator