3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

lamp out indicator

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:50 AM
kenschnauzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Lamp Out message

Mine came on yesterday afternoon, all lights worked, had someone stand behind the truck while I stepped on the brakes and only the right brake light was out, replaced the bulb #3057, ALL WAS FINE.

Takes a "torex" tool (torex screws are on the tailgate side) and a flat tip screwdriver to remove the tail light housing and a phillips screwdriver to remove the bulb.

After removing the tailgate side screws there are two "pins" (which you can not see) on the body side of the tail light housing, use the flat tip screwdriver and GENTLY "pry" the the bodyside of the tail light housing to remove it, the rest is easy.

Last edited by kenschnauzer; 10-26-2011 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Additional Info
Old 10-26-2011, 02:22 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Go pull the tail lights out and check the plastic circuit boards. Chances are they are shot as those years had issues with melting and shorting out
This contributed to a phantom lamp out I was getting every now and then for one of my reverse lights. Once I replaced it all was good.

Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 PM
traktrjorj
Default lamp out light

I am having the same problem with my 2003 dodge cc. I have checked all the lights except for the fog lights as mentioned. Every light comes on when it is suppose to.
Scenario:Truck running, lights on,including fogs, flashers on, (lamp out light is on) If I remove bulbs one at a time, will the( lamp out light) go out when I remove the bad bulb? or will it stay on because a bulb is missing?

Old 08-07-2012, 02:53 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Originally Posted by traktrjorj
I am having the same problem with my 2003 dodge cc. I have checked all the lights except for the fog lights as mentioned. Every light comes on when it is suppose to.
Scenario:Truck running, lights on,including fogs, flashers on, (lamp out light is on) If I remove bulbs one at a time, will the( lamp out light) go out when I remove the bad bulb? or will it stay on because a bulb is missing?
It'll stay on with the bulb missing

Old 07-22-2013, 08:34 PM
wepampercampers
Default mine does it also, even with lights out

mine does it also without lights on, without brakes on.....when I can stop and the indicator light stays on........I walk around and all lights work.....
I don't understand how the bulb out circuit works......
?????

Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Step 1
Turn parking lights on and walk around the truck. Are they all on? Go to step 2

Step 2
Turn left signals on and walk around the truck. Are the front and rear working? Go to step 3

Step 3
Turn right signals on and walk around the truck. Are the front and rear working? Go to step 4

Step 4
Turn hazard signals on and walk around the truck. Are they all working? Go to step 5

Step 5
Have someone press the brake for you while you check the tail lights. Are they both working? Go back and do it again because you missed something.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dad's Ram had the same problem. Only it was really bad whenever he hit a bump. I ended up replacing most of the bulbs in both taillights, hasn't been back since. lol

Old 03-27-2015, 11:29 PM
shanegarrett1995
Default 2004 dodge ram 1500 2wd 5.7 hemi

I have 120956 miles on my pickup I was running about 65 mph and my oil pressure bottomed out and my truck died I could crank it but when I went to shift gears it would die well I drove another mile to my buddys house and it shut off and hasn't cranked since I replaced the crank position sensor and oil pressure sensor replacing the cam shaft sensor tomorrow morning and hoping it will crank truck still turns over and wants to crank but wont had a fresh oil change right before it happened and just drained all oil and replaced it and oil filter.. If anyone has had this happen before please comment and give advise

Old 08-25-2017, 07:40 PM
Lindabf
Default Lamp out & constant dinging noise

Originally Posted by tjwaite1
I have a 2003 dodge ramn 1500 5.7 hemi and the lamp out indicator keeps coming on all my lights work and are on but it will ding come on go out ding come on go out some times it will ding for like five minutes how can i fix this problem?
when I first start my 2003 3500 Ram the lamp out indicator flashes & then the dinging begins. It all goes away after 5 or so minutes but can intermittently return. This is VERY annoying.

Old 02-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Nick Roberson

I have a 04 Dodge Ram 1500 and the last couple weeks my "Lamp Out" light has been on and has gotten very annoying with its chime and my right front low beam has stopped working now I have HID head lights and and before this problem started the same light would actually take a few mins to actually come on I checked the light today and it seems to be fine but for some reason it isn't working I have thought about buying a new one but I wanted to see if anyone else maybe has ran into this problem and knows the answer

Quick Reply: lamp out indicator