3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

It's Official UPDATE I GOT F'ed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: It's Official

Did you drop a trade in with them already? If so, it's already long gone and you have leverage on them.

Old 03-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Timmerduder
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

one thing you can count on. DEALERS SUCK

I was all set on my original deal when the "dealer trade" wasn't at all what i wanted and then they tried to juice up the price a couple grand to get me what I wanted and it still wasn't. I found a new dealer although had to travel a bit... in short... got what I wanted for what I wanted to pay.

I hope it works out for you man, nothin better than gettin the new rig

Old 03-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Ben D.
Champion

it's over i told them to **** off. they were lying the entire time. the truck i find out was sold last friday. I told them I won't ever do business with them again. It was just one huge muffed up deal. It wasn't deal of the century but it was a decent deal. It was a 32k dollar sticker they knocked off like 7k off sticker and I was getting 5k for my jeep so it came to around 20k. The rebate off sticker wasn't so great but they made up for it in the trade. so it wasn't deal of the centurey. but 7k off sticker isn't bad at all. deal of century would have been 10k off sticker and 5k for the trade. but i was happy with it. I'm gonna talk to my local dealer and order a 08 just like it. will keep it posted gonna go to that dealer friday. O and i didn't give them the jeep. I told them they get jeeep when i get my truck.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
SLCHemi
Professional

Smart on not letting them have your trade-in 'till you got your new truck, else who knows..they'd probably have sold it during the whole ordeal leaving you on foot...

It does sound like it was a decent deal, but perhaps the lesson learned is worth the anguish you've suffered. Dealers are general freakin' jerks...people forget they are definately selling cars to make money, and know it's an emotional sale (you fall in love with the vehicle, then they think they've got you by the short hairs!)....

Anyway, sorry for the bad situation...Unless your absolutely dead set on that exact truck, maybe you should look at what the other dealers have on the lot...Ordering while kinda cool 'cuz you get to customize, means usually waiting several weeks at least for your new ride (I'm not very patient...hated waiting for the last vehicle I ordered)....

Old 03-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Ben D.
Champion

I can wait honestly I want the rcsb 4.7L six speed. The quads andhemis are nice but I like rcsb and I like the stick. so if i liked hemi and auto i could easily find a truck but unfortunately I'm not huge on it. so i'll keep looking i'm gonna hopefully do the order and get exaclty what I want. It just sucks this was my first new car purchase and I bust my azz for it. I work full time and school full time and this was what i've planned on buying for a few years now and it all culminated in this. lol just sorta sucks. o well live and learn time to move on to bigger and better things. I'm thinking if i can i'm gonna order the new one with the sport package if possible. get it in black. won't cost any more or less than the last one but it'll have the body color bumper and grill = sick nasty.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:01 PM
BIG HOOK
Professional

Find another dealer and order exactly what you want. You have until about the end of June to order an 08. You'll have to wait 4-8 weeks for it to arrive though. Like SLCHemi said, the waiting can be like expecting your first child but it's well worth it.

Tim

Quick Reply: It's Official UPDATE I GOT F'ed