3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Thinking of selling my ram....

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 03:32 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thinking of selling my ram....

ORIGINAL: derricksmash
trade that bitch in, get a smaller engine. get a dakota even.
no need to call it a bitch, bitch. LOL!!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 05:03 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sure i have a car but i have to pay more for premium gas for lexus but thats my fathers car. it is avg@22mpg in city but i dont know about highway because i barely drive it. i drove it today because my dad took the dodge to my friend who is a mechanic and he is going to fix it up like a new one because it has lots of problems enough already. it doesnt have oil, steering problem, clean the engines and so on for free......

Old 03-13-2008, 05:42 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

well, then trade it in for a smaller car if you really need to. if you rerally need the truck for something and are willing to sacrifice $$ for gas, keep it. if not, trade it in.

Old 03-13-2008, 08:37 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 04 HEMI 04

But i am only 17 years old and i drive my ram to school everyday and to part time job and my parents is very concerned about gas prices rising however they said that if the price is too high that they couldnt afford it then they will sell my truck to get a better car such as sedan with very good fuel efficient gas. What should i do? Is there any ways to save gas on ram?
IMO a truck like "yours" is too nice for a 17 year old anyway...not to mention it sounds like your parents are the ones paying the bills on it. If you really want to keep it try taking the load off of your parents...get some more hours at your part-time job or get a second part-time job in order to do so.

Old 03-13-2008, 09:27 PM
7floorsofhell
Professional

we have finally hit the point of cocaine being cheaper than a tank of gas. God bless america!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 10:10 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

IMO a truck like "yours" is too nice for a 17 year old anyway...not to mention it sounds like your parents are the ones paying the bills on it. If you really want to keep it try taking the load off of your parents...get some more hours at your part-time job or get a second part-time job in order to do so.

Hey I feel for the kids these days. Back when I got my first car, I used to fill'er up with premium for .90 a gallon. I couldn't imagine having to pay what I do now, with what I was making at my job back then, and I was working around 30 - 35 hours a week back then.

I will agree that my child will pay for their first car, my parents made me do it, and I still think I'm a better driver today b/c I did. You respect things a little more if you had to actually earn the money to pay for it. But when the time comes, chances are I'll be helping them out on the gas, so they can at least have a life, and not have to bust their *** just to put their whole paycheck in their tank...

Old 03-15-2008, 02:51 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

ORIGINAL: 04 HEMI 04

But i am only 17 years old and i drive my ram to school everyday and to part time job and my parents is very concerned about gas prices rising however they said that if the price is too high that they couldnt afford it then they will sell my truck to get a better car such as sedan with very good fuel efficient gas. What should i do? Is there any ways to save gas on ram?
my dad pay the insurance and i pay gas, oil, and for everything on dodge.

Quick Reply: Thinking of selling my ram....