3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Did a little wheelin, tore off my Air Dam

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:18 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Did a little wheelin, tore off my Air Dam

If running these trucks without the air dam improved anything they'd come from the factory without them. They bust their humps trying to save a dime per vehicle. Axing the front air dam would save a fortune.

It's a fact that removing the dam means a smaller effective radiator area. It's not really a debatable point; it's physics fact. If you like the look, fine, but it certainly isn't going to make the truck run any cooler. Besides, how would you know anyway? I doubt the stock gauge has the resolution to tell you.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:23 AM
RamItOne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speaking of skimping, I took off my plenum and it only had one bolt holding it on, yet it was threaded for one on either side.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:29 AM
RamItOne

just read your post again, not the smartest thing trying to scam the ins co, also if you have a 500 ded and the bill is 1k youre still out 500 bucks, you auto pol will increase and cost you more than that over the 36 month chargibility period.

Hrm you said youre at ft hoodlum, wonder if you have usaa, could easliy find out and see if a Coll claim was filed.
plus you have your name post Mitchell Peterson Jr.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:57 PM
redrum25
Amateur

AZ2500, Seems to me a good radiator shop should be able to fix your intercooler cheaper than replacing it.

Also, the first thing I saw when I looked at your pic was the stock Michelins. I couldn't believe you did anywheelin' with those [&:].
Sheese, I have the same tires on my 2500 and they spin in an inch of snow. They may be nice highway tires but they suck for mud or snow.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:34 PM
HuskyJazz
Professional

My air dam broke last sept during Dove season. I took a mud whole to quick and broke my front license plate off and the next day, in the same spot, I broke the air dam off. I just took the rest of it off a couple of weeks ago. They may help things, but for the price they want, I'll drive without it. Plus there was a bolt I never could get to enought to loosen. I took the others off and then just cut around the bolt.

Old 03-17-2008, 06:32 PM
jkillman
Professional

ha did the exact same thing to my truck the other day

and i knocked one of my fogg lights off too

Quick Reply: Did a little wheelin, tore off my Air Dam