3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 Power Seat Problem - Need Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 05:47 PM
Blackend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Power Seat Problem - Need Help Please

Hi all - just joined today since I'm picking up an 03 1500 this weekend and the drivers side power seat up/down function doesn't work. It still goes forward and back, but it sounds like the motor is running when you try to move it up but the seat doesn't move.

Any ideas here? Anyone had this problem?

P.S. I did read through the FAQ's and also searched, but couldn't find anything. I'm a newb here, but I'm on a lot of other car forums so please don't flame if this is one of "those" topics!

Old 03-21-2008, 06:58 AM
kckettridge
Default RE: 03 Power Seat Problem - Need Help Please

Welcome aboard Blackend...I'm a newbie also. I have an '02 QC that the same thing happened to it....I fiddled with it for awhile to see if I could fix it myself but to no avail. I took it to a local auto upholstery shop and the owner there had it fixed in about an hour. He said sometimes the spindle (whatever that is) pulls away from the rail (whatever that is) in the motor. Evidently it is a common problem for Chrysler's because he said he has fixed a number of them over the years. He had the tools and know how to do it so it was worth the $85 he charged me...now my seat works like new. I hope you are able to get your's fixed....having a seat that doesn't work suks!
Good Luck!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Blackend
Default RE: 03 Power Seat Problem - Need Help Please

Thx for the reply KC - I'll check it out. Hopefully I get to pick it up today so I can detail it this weekend and post up some pics!

I'll check out the assembly and see if I can figure it out.

Quick Reply: 03 Power Seat Problem - Need Help Please