3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

chip erased my computer

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:21 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: chip erased my computer

Now we know there was nothing wrong with your PCM, whether caused by you, the programmer, or random fate.

Having a programmer isn't a bad thing. I've modded every vehicle I've owned in the past 15 years, and that's a lot of cars. However, if something breaks, I realize I'm on the hook for the repairs. It's the people who want automakers to pay for their mod "mishaps" that make dealerships so hot to void warranties.

While on that subject, I want to point out that warranties are not binary; they cannot be summarily "voided" on a whim. Federal law says they must prove that Part A caused Problem B. That doesn't mean they won't try to deny a claim on the radio due to aftermarket wheels, but it is up to you take legal action when this happens to you. For example, if my rear end LSD goes out before my warranty is up (all agreed it is a common problem) and they try to deny it due to a programmer, I'll make some noise. If I crack a piston because I ran 87 ocane with a performance tune while towing a camper, you can see why they wouldn't owe a dime.

I'm kind of interested how a remote starter can erase a PCM too...

Old 04-01-2008, 03:57 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So........with that free repair, that's every one of us, who own or will own a Dodge picking upthe bill for your buds stupidity and your dishonesty ??????

Al.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:09 AM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And people wonder why it now costs well over 35000 for a decent truck now a days....

Old 04-01-2008, 12:56 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

[sm=rant.gif]

that pretty much sums this post up now

Old 04-01-2008, 06:50 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: trx450

well for all thos who said good for you severs you right, you can go F*** your self, the dealer took out my car starter and figured that was the problem and reprogramed my truck, thanks for the guys that were on my side cus the dealer does screw people over
but its OK for you to steal from the dealership instead... and because your an idiot that gives you the right to curse at us for your stupidity. With that attitude its no doubt that eventually you'll get whats coming to you.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
trx450
Professional

haha w.e idn how its my stupidy when i dident even **** my truck up and you guys sayin you would tell the truth about what happend then you are ****in worse then me cus your lieing to every one on here cus you would do the same thing as me, the dealer said it was my remote starter that did it so w.e if they asked me if i had a chip in it then i would say i did cus they already would of knowen

Old 04-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jesse, Glad to see that your truck is fixed. Don't take my post as a personal attack. I just wanted to share another point of view.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Ben D.
Champion

actually it is ur stupidity because you let ur idiot friend work on ur truck.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:31 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

For all of our safety... I do hope he drives better then he types... I gotta go get my phonics learning set to read that crap....

Old 04-01-2008, 10:47 PM
daytona1680
Veteran

ORIGINAL: John M

Now we know there was nothing wrong with your PCM, whether caused by you, the programmer, or random fate.

Having a programmer isn't a bad thing. I've modded every vehicle I've owned in the past 15 years, and that's a lot of cars. However, if something breaks, I realize I'm on the hook for the repairs. It's the people who want automakers to pay for their mod "mishaps" that make dealerships so hot to void warranties.

While on that subject, I want to point out that warranties are not binary; they cannot be summarily "voided" on a whim. Federal law says they must prove that Part A caused Problem B. That doesn't mean they won't try to deny a claim on the radio due to aftermarket wheels, but it is up to you take legal action when this happens to you. For example, if my rear end LSD goes out before my warranty is up (all agreed it is a common problem) and they try to deny it due to a programmer, I'll make some noise. If I crack a piston because I ran 87 ocane with a performance tune while towing a camper, you can see why they wouldn't owe a dime.

I'm kind of interested how a remote starter can erase a PCM too...
Yep, that would be the mag-moss act..this link will give you a quick summary of what it is for those that dont know http://www.jbaheaders.com/Mag_MossAct.asp

Also if you have a printer I would do a search for mag-moss act and print it then keep a copy in your truck, it may come in handy. I have had to break mine out a couple times

Quick Reply: chip erased my computer