3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

chip erased my computer

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 12:08 AM
trx450
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chip erased my computer

who cares how i type on this ****, too bad id out drive you anyday

Old 04-02-2008, 12:40 AM
johnsaballer
Rookie

honestly, i've been reading this thread since the beginning. The problems over with, the truck is fixed now. lets stop picking on someone he's learned his lesson he's said so. So lets stop telling someone how much they should learn a lesson. It's just like other drivers you can't control the way they drive although sometimes you would like too. As for his credibility who are we to question him in the first place as to how it happened.

Congrats on getting your truck fixed man, I'm glad things worked out! And yes I agree don't let your friend touch your vehicle again unless it's to wax it for f'ing it up in the first place!

Everyone else, I think there is a consensus on the morality of the issue. But there is a difference between spanking your child, and beating them with a club.

Lets all go back to showing respect to our awesome trucks, as well as the members of this community!

Old 04-02-2008, 03:35 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So.......like a petulant child,he's now labeled us as"you are ****in worse then me cus your lying to every one on here cus you would do the same thing as me"

So let me get this straight....................we're the ones who are lying????? [sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Did'nt he just shaft the dealer and lied about what he did?? [sm=confused06.gif]

I take great offence to being called a liar, especially by a person who's been caught out and who's morales are clearly self evident in his text! [sm=icon_beat.gif]

And by the way lets, not get PC on this and say stuff like"lets stop bashing this dude" or other lilly livered "easy on him" attitudes.

It's because society has gone all PC and it's become the norm to accept lies like this, that society is in the mess it's now in! High prices for other peoples self inflicted accidents and purposeful deceit! [sm=rant.gif]

[sm=closed.gif]

Wheew I feel better now LOL

Al.

Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
dwoods
Professional

ok guys i think that sums up this forum. [sm=closed.gif]

Old 04-02-2008, 12:25 PM
johnsaballer
Rookie

ORIGINAL: abarmby

And by the way lets, not get PC on this and say stuff like "lets stop bashing this dude" or other lilly livered "easy on him" attitudes.

It's because society has gone all PC and it's become the norm to accept lies like this, that society is in the mess it's now in! High prices for other peoples self inflicted accidents and purposeful deceit!
You honestly think that yelling at someone in a forum is going to fix society? If only it were that easy! My point is, he has already been royally flamed as it is, and quite frankly he has already gotten the issue fixed. So it's kind of useless at this point to continue bombarding someone. What would you have him do, go back to the dealership and say "hey umm, you repaired this for free. my buddy really f'd it up...can you charge me?" [8D]

I agree we have gotten a little lax in our society, I think there is somewhat of a lacking in the moral code, but this really doesn't seem like the best way to fix it.

Old 04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
abarmby
Champion

If you look closly johnsaballer, I'm not yelling..............I'D BE USING CAPITAL LETTERS IF I WAS !!!
Also to continue, I think, IN FACT I KNOW,I must respond to someone calling me a liar as he did and costing law abiding people money, by fraud!
Am I not alowed a response to what he said?
Can't I contribute to saying what he did was wrong ,without someone saying I'm flaming???
Isn't that what were fighting for in Iraq and Afghanistan right now?
Freedom of speech.
I would have gotten off his case and not responded further,if hehadn't behaved as he did and called everyone a "liar".
I'm entitledto replyand wasn't flaming him any further, but stated my response to his .

As for trying to "fix society by yelling in a forum"..............I don't, as stated yell............but I'll be damned I'll be told what to do by bleeding heart liberals or anyone, who let people off the hook so easily and cause most of societies problems as we know them today, by not stating what the majority in our society expect in both morals and behaviour and importantly, punish them accordingly. Not let them off the hook by a "tap on the hand" and a "there there" approach which has caused much of what's happening in the world right now.You are quite right about that aspect of todays world and the lack of morals.
We need some good old fashioned ideals to reset the clock so to speak and the sooner the better, for us all.
We need a zero tollerance approach which will set standards once again.
It is my opinion and I can voice it if I want to on here.
I haven't after all, broken any forum rules, or de-frauded anyone.
He should not have gone to the dealer in the first place and what's more, had the decency to understand that with regards to your comment about "what should he do now".
Please understand, I'm not angry or flaming you, or your comment.
This is my opinion and I'll state it.
Regards Al.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:18 PM
johnsaballer
Rookie

abarmby , My responses aren't geared only towards you. I think you have been respectful in your replies, I understand you have your opinions. We'll just need to agree we would have handled it differently. But the point still stands, it's over an done with, no use crying over spilled milk!

J

Old 04-02-2008, 01:57 PM
abarmby
Champion

Agreed J.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:33 AM
SmittyRN
Professional

ORIGINAL: trx450

who cares how i type on this ****, too bad id out drive you anyday
How do you "out drive" someone in a Dodge Ram anyway? I mean, Iused to race motorcycles and jetskis, and an experienced, more talented rider could have faster times through a circuit or through a buoy course.... and of course you can always race go-carts, bicycles, even your sports car through a course.... sled dogs too....

Oh, ok, just checked, he's 20 years old, it must be the years of driving experience under his belt.

And I agree with the rest, if you can afford the tuner, you can afford to tell the service dept. that you messed up the programming, and could you please let me know how much it will cost to fix? Cowboy up and take responsibility for your mistakes.

BTW, I care about how you type on here, your posts are painful to read; you should at least be able to write the sentence "Do you want fries with that?" properly.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:47 AM
daytona1680
Veteran

[sm=deadhorse.gif]

Quick Reply: chip erased my computer