3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

rear door/window do not work

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:19 PM
educatedink
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear door/window do not work

After I sound deadened my rear passenger door, I closed it. When I tried to open the door, nothing. I tried opening from the inside and out. I thought maybe I clicked the child safety, but even if I did; I should be able to open the door from the outside. The window will not work as well. The auto lock clicks/moves. Oh, I did check the driver's lock was on--it wasn't. I checked the door mechanism and it seems to move when the handle is pulled. Any suggestions for a fix or should I take it to the dealership. Warranty is still in effect.

Thanks so much.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:06 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Default RE: rear door/window do not work

Well.... to get this straight... you took apart the door to add sound defening materials? and now the door won't open? Maybe you should pull it apart and remove what you have addded... and see if that makes a difference.... But if you did sumthing and take it to the dealer to complain... I'm sure they won't fix it...Well.. under warranty anyways... but rather charge you for diagnosing the problem...

Old 03-30-2008, 09:25 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

it sounds like the sound dampening material is hindering the movement of the door handle linkage both inside and out, take it back apart and look at them before you re-add the sound stuff

Old 03-31-2008, 02:43 PM
educatedink

Problem solved. The door opens and the window works. Didn't need to remove FatMat. Not sure what loosened the latch? Thanks for the posts!

Quick Reply: rear door/window do not work