3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

non believers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 10:42 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: non believers

ORIGINAL: texas_rebel_1980

i have this happen with some frustrating regularity. i drive to and from work on state hwy 46 and interstate 35. someone always wants to try and race. my truck sounds great, not very quick though. the ricers are fun though. the other dodge trucks are fun to play with to see where i stand. i wish i could get more top end out of her, she gets to 100 and really doesn't want anymore, just like taking off from a dead stand still, till i hit twenty i ain't goin nowhere!
This happened to me coming east on I-10 just west of Houston...ended playing tag (read that as pissing off) a Mitsu Evo and a 6 liter Escalade. I noticed driver skill plays much into this as much as horsepower. Of course, this was before I got my Superchips and I got my *** handed to me by a Silverado SS (they aren't limited to 105..).

Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Mudwolf420
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

StevenMoffettKY heh thanks and thanks 8)

Old 04-08-2008, 11:47 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned

By the way....who's rear is that???[sm=hail.gif][sm=yikesomg.gif][sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 04-09-2008, 12:06 AM
ride_002000
Professional

I actually love getting up to a nice hemi and thinking he has something on me. Since Im on my R1 and he thinks his hemi can keep up. I laugh. I know you guys are talking about cars but I still like it when hemi's think they can keep up. I dont have a hemi if you were wondering, just a little six. Heres a little story was going about 60 or so, on my bike, and this Ford turbo diesel was next to me and stomped on it, I chuckeled and dropped 2 gears from 6th and smoked his a$$, was like he was standing still. Anyway nice job putting him in his place.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 AM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our trucks are fun but any decent v6 import is quicker. Even my mother's Hyundai is good for 14s in the quarter at 100+ mph.

And I'm sorry but nobody is beating an Evo in a truck, Hemi or not. It'd be bad from a stop and bad from a roll, same with my Subaru family sedan.

In my Stealth I'd race people with my cruise control. I'd set it in 3rd gear and when they were ready I'd just hold "accel" and see how close they could stay.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:03 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned

ORIGINAL: John M

Our trucks are fun but any decent v6 import is quicker. Even my mother's Hyundai is good for 14s in the quarter at 100+ mph.

And I'm sorry but nobody is beating an Evo in a truck, Hemi or not. It'd be bad from a stop and bad from a roll, same with my Subaru family sedan.

In my Stealth I'd race people with my cruise control. I'd set it in 3rd gear and when they were ready I'd just hold "accel" and see how close they could stay.

Not if you catch him at highway speeds and are smart enough to stay in front of him. I never said this was a drag race or a fair one. Plus it looked like he didn't know how to drive it. See my above post, where I talk about "driver skill". And for the guy with the bike, that's like comparing apples and lug nuts. Nothing keeps up with a crotch rocket but another crotch rocket or a jet.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Scott06HEMI
Professional

What an outstanding picture mudwolf...and I'm not talking about the truck. [sm=smiley32.gif]

Old 04-10-2008, 12:14 AM
ride_002000
Professional

[/quote]
Not if you catch him at highway speeds and are smart enough to stay in front of him. I never said this was a drag race or a fair one. Plus it looked like he didn't know how to drive it. See my above post, where I talk about "driver skill". And for the guy with the bike, that's like comparing apples and lug nuts. Nothing keeps up with a crotch rocket but another crotch rocket or a jet.

[/quote]

I know a truck cant keep up with my bike but why do they think they can. I was just stating what had happened to me.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Timmerduder
Veteran

I like playing with the oil burners myself.... and i haven't found one yet that could even stay close...

Old 04-10-2008, 02:34 PM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain

yeah I hate those sorts of characters..i mean even then sometimes they will win only because their small cars weigh so much less than the trucks...

Quick Reply: non believers