3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

non believers

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:55 PM
De pinga!
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: non believers

I had a V6 altima that was stick shift wanna race me the other day... i guess he was pissed he had a chickand she was looking athow big my truck looked next to his car. Anyways we both got on the expressway and i dogged him the whole way. He would seem like he was catching up but as soon as he would change gears would fall back more... Have faith gentle men.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:20 PM
da92gs87
Professional

I had this happen couple weeks ago. Some fat bastard in a riced out scion tc (wing, purple tint, neon's, little flashy things that go with the bass, etc) well, he pulled up next to me, rolled down the window and said 3 honks go... so i said screw it... 3 honks came (at 60mph)and i jumped ahead like no other... well i decided to play with him... i let him catch up and i would stay right next to him and then jump ahead, come back, jump ahead.... you know what im getting at... well, soon as we hit about 105 i was like sweet my hypertech does work, and just went ahead of the guy then shut her down around 118-120... i think he was more surprised i truck would get up to those speeds (pretty scary though)

Old 04-10-2008, 04:58 PM
dirtydodge02
Banned

I say congrats on showing that guy up. I'm sure he's cruising around his local Dodge dealer right now trying to find his new truck!

Old 04-10-2008, 07:13 PM
daytona1680
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Timmerduder

I like playing with the oil burners myself.... and i haven't found one yet that could even stay close...
Ehh, dont worry your day is coming. After getting smoked by about 10 diesels in 1 week I learned quickly to respect the diesels a little more.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:17 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: John M

Our trucks are fun but any decent v6 import is quicker. Even my mother's Hyundai is good for 14s in the quarter at 100+ mph.

And I'm sorry but nobody is beating an Evo in a truck, Hemi or not. It'd be bad from a stop and bad from a roll, same with my Subaru family sedan.

In my Stealth I'd race people with my cruise control. I'd set it in 3rd gear and when they were ready I'd just hold "accel" and see how close they could stay.

ahahahahaa ...thanksI needed a good laugh I've never seen any model stock hyundai trap 100+...ever. If you say she has a tiburon GT i'm really going to laugh...all 170hp and 3000lbs. Even the Azera limited weighs 3,600lbs with 260ish hp....with even less torque there's no way it's trapping 100+ but i'm sure it gets out of it's own way.I guarantee you've never had your moms car at the track..

The newer v6 "imports" are pretty quick...with the Camry being one. Those aren't the ones to worry about though...the boosted 4 bangers out there (srt-4's, subaru's, mazdaspeed's)are cheap to mod and are quick.

Quick Reply: non believers