3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Suggestions on dropping my truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:45 PM
De pinga!
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suggestions on dropping my truck

Hey ya'll im thinking of dropping the back of my truck 4 inches. Whats the cheapest and best way of doing it. Should i just get some shackles or you think the ride will be too bad..

Old 04-15-2008, 07:56 PM
RamItOne
Default RE: Suggestions on dropping my truck

buy smaller tires. HA trucks shouldnt be lowered unless you live in south calif...then its still dumb, but just seems to be the norm...

Old 04-15-2008, 08:09 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

dude, youre getting fukcing annoying with your cali remarks and ****. people can do whatever the fukc they want with their trucks.

i say get some bags.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:21 PM
bert6573
Professional

If you asked for our opinion, I think if you want to drop a truck then you should of just bought a car instead of a truck. I think it looks ugly when people have nice awesome trucks with a drop or even slammed. My idea of a awesome truck is something close to a monster truck, ans some people dont like that idea on any vehicle. So personlly I would suggest you save your money and buy yougirlfriend something nice. Just my two cents

Old 04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
livetokite
Veteran

forget them. it's your truck, i think it would look pretty sick... would look unique...

i completely agree with highduke, on everything he said lol.

bags would be sick.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:25 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only way i've seen that your gonna get that much of a drop is to flip the rear axle (put the axle on top of the springs, instead of under)...that right there will get ya about 3 1/2" or so and then with a flip kit it'll get ya to 4"

Old 04-15-2008, 11:19 PM
De pinga!
Professional

Lol there are some haterz in this world... Dropping your truck helps the steering, cornering, body roll etc... You get better performance in handling instead of having a lifted "SLOWER" AND less handling truck... ANYWAYS... yeah i think bags would be freakin NICE! but are expensive. I heard something with the shackles and leaf springs you can get a nice drop but i don't know. And thanks to those who KNOW what a real PERFORMANCE truck should be like NOT a lifted monster truck that the suspensions and tires themselves weight more than the truck itself. Peace!

Old 04-15-2008, 11:25 PM
RamItOne

ORIGINAL: De pinga!

You get better performance in handling instead of having a lifted "SLOWER" AND less handling truck...

who buys a truck for speed? other than a lightning or srt......
high duke youre right, i forgot about little cuba, i mean south fla....

Old 04-15-2008, 11:28 PM
RamItOne

lastly you have a 4.7 as do i (remember i told you how to clean your TB), and its not a fast truck.......

youll want bags because do you want to be the guy that has to drive around speed bumps??

Old 04-15-2008, 11:52 PM
De pinga!
Professional

Imagine a car as a giant 3000lb weight suspended above the wheels. When you turn, that weight is shifted opposite of the direction by gravity trying to compensate for the force. This is what’s known as body roll. This is what spills your coffee. This is due to a high center of gravity in combination with saggy springs. When you install lowering springs, you are reducing the center of gravity therefore creating less resistance on the chassis through the turns. This will result in quicker steering response and crisper road feel. I was doing it for HANDLING not only speed. Ithink your mad my truck looks better and when i'm done lowering it... DRIVE BETTER.

Quick Reply: Suggestions on dropping my truck