3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

question about sound systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:21 PM
texas_rebel_1980
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about sound systems

i have a coworker that will make some custom speaker boxes for me for cost of materials. he will even do 3D carvings and airbrush work for material cost. we are talking about putting a demonic eye peeking out between the seat and tray with a light bulb in it for effects, would do one on each side(driver/passenger). my brother has some rockford P2s, 10" i could probably get for cheap. i would do two individual boxes, and mount the amp between them under the back seat. i won't take the tray out, it must stay in place. i don't want to replace the factory head unit because the way the dash is cut it would look like poo poo with an aftermarket head unit. my question is can i leave the factory radio and install subs?

we are just kicking around ideas, nothing set yet. if i do get it done you can bet yer *** there will be pix. it will probably be late summer so i can work full time and save. it is hard to work full time during the semester!

Old 04-17-2008, 01:32 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: question about sound systems

Yeah just use a line level converter or get a amp that has speaker level inputs. I ran a sub off my stock H/U for a while before I finally upgraded the H/U.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:20 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: question about sound systems

Yes you can! I have mine ran off my factory h/u. I also made my own speaker box, you can see a pic of it in my gallery.

Quick Reply: question about sound systems