3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
Front License Plate
34.78%
No Front License Plate
65.22%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

...Front License Plates.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:10 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: ...Front License Plates.....

I have my plate mounted on the widshield on the passengers side. I used 4 Suction cups to secure it on the INSIDE passengers side corner.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 04-21-2008, 09:13 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

ORIGINAL: ivaskaj

In my opinion, the government has no business requiring you to put a piece of taxed metal on your personal property, be it on the front or back. I personally would not live in a **** state that required a front plate... I couldn't run my stars & bars.
youre a moron right? the government should also not require drivers licenses to drive, have any traffic laws or traffic lights....hell why even put down lane markers.... it just so happens that piece of personal property is on city property 98% of the time......

[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]..... that's right... you gotta pay to ride....

Old 04-22-2008, 01:37 AM
KC9JVC
Rookie

In Wisconsin the front plate is required as well. I'm not sure about all that radar talk earlier but I know that I prefer how the truck looks with out the plate, but WI requires it...so be it.

Oh and for my registration, its about $75 for my wife's care and about $90 for the Ram per year, they just raised it :'(

Old 04-22-2008, 02:31 AM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

Like RAM0447 said, they aren't required here in KY but I don't mind how they look with one equipped.

Old 04-22-2008, 10:09 AM
minex
Veteran

Its interesting that you bring up this thread. I took my front license plate off this past weekend because I hate the way they look. The problem is that I live in Colorado, so they are required. I'm willing to gamble it, though.

Old 04-22-2008, 11:24 AM
06 Hemi

I have a front plate on mine. In Connecticut you are technically required to have a front plate,although cops don't do anything if you don't have one. I see a lot of cars and trucks that haveone of those fake plates you buy at the store with team logos, nascar drivers, pictures of whatever on them, etc, or just don't have front plates. As for registration,in CT, a pickup truck has to be registeredwith commercial or combination plates and the price varies by the gvw. For my 06 1500 it was $175/2 years for combo plates, which I thought was expensive but I see it is nowhere near the price in CA.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Timmerduder
Veteran

Oregon requires the front plate and will also ticket you for ANY cover over the plate, tinted or clear, plastic or wax coating...

Old 04-22-2008, 02:52 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine was from Missouri, they require it. I live in Kansas. They don't. I would like to put one back on. But all I have are holes. Not a license plate bracket/holder thingy. Anyone that has removed it care to part with it?

Old 04-22-2008, 05:56 PM
manualagain
Professional

My front plate hasn't made it on to my truck yet, but I have a very good excuse. I had to take off the plate frame in order to fit my truck into my garage! I'm sure the State Trooper who pulls me over for not having the front plate will really care.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:41 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

On my car I hated the front plate...but on my trucks it never bothered me.

Quick Reply: ...Front License Plates.....