3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buying truck, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 07:54 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Buying truck, need advice

Purty truck! I wish mine was that color. The price seems right, but it never hurts to try and get it down. If it's a Hemi, it'll have the plugs in the center of the valve covers. I'm sure you've considered this, but it's gonna love gasoline! It's also past time for plugs. That may be a bargaining tool, Have 'em put new plugs in it (just so you know, there are sixteen!). Also, fresh fluids (tranny, diff, etc.). An extended warranty (NOT from the dealer) may not be a bad idea.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:59 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since it's so far away, do some dickering over the phone. Just MAKE SURE you get any verbal agreements in writing. They should be able to fax the final agreement to you before you make the drive. Good luck. That truck is gorgeous!

Old 04-27-2008, 11:39 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

'

I don't like torsion bars and cv joints, if the lift kit was put in the right way, than your okay, but stock bearings, U joints, gearing don't last verry long.

I would prefer a 2500 over a 1500 Ram, but thats just me, the bigger question is what gearing is in booth the front and rear diffs and what othier modifacations back the truck up.

Old 04-27-2008, 11:57 PM
ray97
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since it has the hemi and it looks like the sport model, my guess would be the 3.92 gears???? Probably plan on around 10-11 MPG in town and 14-15 on the highway with the lift and tires.Like everyone else has said, try to get as much as you canfor a fair price. Just know what you are getting and if you like the price then go for it!!

Quick Reply: Buying truck, need advice