3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dynomax ultra flow....sucks the wanker...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 08:07 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dynomax ultra flow....sucks the ******...

two years ago I replaced the stock ex on my hemi powerd 2500 ram with a dual set up. Mpg really improved, sound and power wise, not much to write home abought.

The ultra flow is one staainless stealmufler with two inlets, two out's and a x in the middle of the mulfer.

I took my truck back to the mulfer shop due to what I thought was excessive vibration in the EX pipes, when shiffting gears, loud resonating vibrations are pressent.

Turns out the mulfer is rusted out on the inlets tips and out let tips, the sounds I'm hearing in the ex trying to exit out the mufler and not threw it.

The good news is, the mulfer has a life time warenty and will be replaced free of charge, but I'm back to thinking of getting two mulfers instead of one big one.

Super turbo's, walker, flow master are the brands the mufler shops carry, not really any brands to get exicted abought.

My ex pipes exit over the rear diff and out past the right rear tire.

Should I stick with the dynomax, or get something better?

I liked the mpg improvement dynomax gave over the stock mulfer and y pipe, but perhaps doing any dual ex conversion would improve milage.

Thoughts ....

Old 04-27-2008, 08:27 PM
cmoschip
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dynomax ultra flow....sucks the ******...

I have a Dynomax Super Turbo - I think it's great. Nice and quiet but lots of flow.

Interesting to note too - it has a Walker part number on it when I got it from Summit - appears Walker may own Dynomax.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:13 PM
4x4jon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent used one personally, but I havent heard very good things about that muffler. If i were going to the trouble of putting true duals on my truck, id go ahead and use two mufflers with a separate H or X pipe.

The ultraflo mufflers are some of the best flowing out there. Their single mufflers are a straight through design, I could drop a baseball right through mine. look at these if you want to stay with dynomax:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

Old 04-27-2008, 11:27 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Walker may own dynomax or vis versa, the muffler shop that did the conversion dosen't carry any othier brands, but the kicker is staying with a free muffler that really did a marginal job, or paying again for new mufflers.

The x design in the middle of the muffler is by design, supposed to replace the H pipe.

With previous dual ex conversions, I have never run a H pipe, and I do understand the reasoning behind it.

On a stock hemi Ex., The left ex from the manifold has a longer way to go ( transfer case is in the way ) as it turns to the left and into the left ex , than cats andthe Y pipe.

So I don't really thank a H pipe is practical due to the diff, lengths in pipe of the Ex. manifolds, and I did not want to waste money running ex pipe around the spare tire.

The y pipe has been cut out, and the 2500 hemi's do not have resonaters.

One small + is the pipe's are all ready run, no problem adding two mufflers... Just not sure abought dynomax...

Quick Reply: Dynomax ultra flow....sucks the wanker...