3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.56's are in!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 10:06 PM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4.56's are in!!!!

yeah your diff....differential..did you change it out when you got your gears done? just curious.

as for your header q stainless would be maintenance free. i went with dynatech lt's...not cheap, but they are getting cheaper now. mopar has theirs and are practically identical as well as another mfgr (can't remember the name) and all are less expensive than the dynatechs. as for coming loose mine haven't. i think if you get a good mfgr that uses thick straight flanges with clean welds you should have no worries.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:07 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: Romeosoldier03

what is a good brand header...something low maintenace...i've heard of them coming loose too...but i dunno...ceramic??? stainless??? what brand....jba, hooker, pacesetter??? price???? thanks alot.
I got the Pacesetter LT's. I live real close to KRC Performance and stop by and pick Marty's brain once in a while. They are really great there, and are very passionate about what they do. I don't buy much there as I've done a good bit of my work myself and can get things a good bit cheaper. I got my e-fan there and ordered the headers from them as well, just because of all the time they take giving me advice.They suggested getting the stainless headers uncoated and sending them to a custom coating shop they use. Great move, the ceramic coating is 10x better than any factory coat I've seen. It did run me about $100 or so more than ordering them coated from the factory, however.
Anyway, they showed me actual dyno's on most of the major brands and the Pacesetter's are a close second to the Dynotech's, but at roughly a third of the cost, I can live with the 2nd best.
Get the LT's and if you don't have access to a good coating shop, then be sure to get the Jet Hot coating, inside and out.
As far as loosening goes, I installed them and rode around to get everything REALLY hot, then re-tightened them. At three months they were still perfectly tight, I checked them again at six months and all but one top bolt was still tight. The one loose bolt only took about 1/4 turn. If it ever becomes an issue, I'll get the locking bolts that Moe's sells. But if I only have to check them twice a year or so, then I'll leave them the way they are.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:55 PM
SWOS Chief
Veteran

Do the 4.56's change your top speed? Not that I am looking to fly down the interstate on 35's but just curious.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:55 PM
HEMI07
Veteran

what brand gears did you get and how much did you get hit for the install?

Old 05-03-2008, 06:12 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

ORIGINAL: SWOS Chief

Do the 4.56's change your top speed? Not that I am looking to fly down the interstate on 35's but just curious.
Only in the sense that you'd hit your rpm limiter a tad sooner. Not really a factor, I'm taching about 400 rpm more at about 70 mph, so you are probably talking about a 5-10 mph top speed difference...

Old 05-05-2008, 11:42 AM
XxSilentHawk99xX
Captain

good to hear you are part of the 4.56 family now!

Quick Reply: 4.56's are in!!!!